Transport/Logistics Assistant Job, Logistics Kenyan Jobs 2022,
Position: Transport/Logistics Assistant- Vegetable Oil Extraction Plant
Reports to: Logistic Superintendent
Location: Wote in Makueni
Our client in vegetable oil extraction, is seeking to recruit a Transport/Logistics Assistant. Successful candidate will be responsible for handling all logistics and supply chain functions as well as Monitoring and identifying purchasing needs while Tracking orders and ensuring timely delivery and updating internal databases appropriate details.
- Assist Logistic supervisor in day to day operation of the transport department.
- Formulate and implement strategies, plans and policies in relation to the logistics/transport department
- Foresee and mitigate all risks attendant with logistics and supply chain.
- Identify and implement green logistics
- Identify, establish and maintain appropriate fleet management software.
- Assess the transportation needs and advice on the mode of transport.
- Preparation of scope of work and Negotiating logistics/transportation contracts where and when appropriate
- Ensure proper practices for keeping records for the fleet and maintaining compliance on regulatory requirements
- Ensure compliance with all logistics and supply chain KPI.
- Prepare the invitation-to-bid forms and distribute.
- Conducting regular assessment of drivers on traffic rules, signaling and practical driving.
- Promoting observance of health, safety and environment.
- Maintain all fleet related records and documents and ensure safety of vehicles.
- Liaising with mechanics for servicing, making daily and weekly oil checks.
- Monitor quality, quantity, delivery times, and transport costs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Certificate/Diploma in motor vehicle, Logistics or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- 2-3 years of experience – Must have worked in a busy environment
- Good computer skills (working knowledge of ERP preferred.
- Knowledge of basic stock taking procedures
- Firefighting & HSE basic courses (preferred)
- Proficiency in SAP, MRP 3 years progressive experience in a manufacturing and warehousing environment.
- Must be organized and punctual.
- Well-presented and professional.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong multitasking skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Valid driving license for class B, C and E
Problem Solving; Flexibility; Planning target control; Decision Making; Spirit of Enterprise; Communication; Listening and reception;Staff management and development
How to Apply
Apply at [email protected] or Flexi Personnel ATS latest by 31st May 2022. Indicate Transport/Logistics Assistant on the email subject for easier retrieval and placement.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.