Mechanical Engineer Job, Jobs In Engineering Kenya 2022,
Position: Mechanical Engineer-Designer
Reports to: Project Manager or Construction Manger
Our client in vegetable oil extraction, is seeking to recruit a Mechanical Engineer-Designer. Successful candidate will be responsible for providing specialistic mechanical engineering input to the project’s activities starting from the screening studies up to the completion of the execution phase, as direct performer and/or as monitoring/follow-up of the activities performed by others (i.e. contractors).
To review and approve the specification, design and supply of static mechanical equipment including piping in onshore production facilities, ensuring that it meets project objectives, industry standards and best practice for safety, reliability and cost.
To provide specialistic support to the technical Authority in projects review to ensure technical integrity, to commissioning and start-up, and to production in trouble shooting activities on facilities already in operation.
- Technical integrity of mechanical design.
- Overall effectiveness and efficiency of mechanical design.
- Capturing and dissemination of mechanical engineering knowledge
- Supervising and directing Engineering Detail Contractors during the design, procurement and construction activities, ensuring the quality of the works according to the contract requirements.
- Expediting suppliers of mechanical equipment, through desk or field expediting.
- Supervise installation of mechanical equipment and fabrication/installation of piping
- Providing technical input, in line with project requirements, into technical studies and Basis of Design.
- Ensuring a smooth and effective transfer of data and information between Contractors and between Contractors and the Company.
- Defining Piping and Layout requirements.
- Optimizing installation and construction activities / sequences, minimizing cost and safety risks.
- Acting as a technical authority on mechanical & piping issues for the Project, for example, reply to formal Deviation/Concession Requests issued by contractors and where necessary act as coordinator in resolution of technical issues.
- Assessing capabilities and limitations of detail design contractors and incorporating in development planning and risk mitigation processes.
- Participation to technical integrity activities and reviews/audits.
Qualifications and Experience
- Mechanical engineering degree or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in Mechanical & Piping Engineering
- Preferred construction supervision experience (mechanical and/or civil)
- Experience in mechanical design is a must
- Experience in vegetable oil extraction is a plus
Professional Role general knowledge
- Mechanical, Machinery and Piping Engineering
- Plant Design
- Process Engineering
- Material and Corrosion Design
- Civil and Structural Design Project Engineering
Knowledge from other Prof. Areas
- HSE Principles and Systems
- Construction Works (mechanical equipment & piping works)
Required personal capabilities
Analysis, Problem Solving, Results orientation, Team work, Positive attitude, Energy, Flexibility/lateral thinking.
How to Apply
Apply at [email protected] or Flexi Personnel ATS latest by 30th June 2022. Indicate Mechanical Engineer-Designer on the email subject for easier retrieval and placement.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.