Cost Management Manager Job, Accounting Kenya Jobs 2022,
Position: Manager – Cost Management
Location: Central Office
Industry: Micro Finance Bank
Reports To: Chief Finance Officer
Our client, a microfinance bank is looking to fill in the position of a Manager-Cost Management who will be responsible for carrying out Cost management, fixed assets, and any other assigned duties efficiently and effectively to attain the finance department’s objectives (e.g. cost optimization, accurate reporting & compliance to legal and regulatory requirements) and achieve the bank’s strategic goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulating and implementing cost management initiatives in line with the bank’s strategy.
- Reviewing and presenting costs analysis reports to the CFO
- Perform periodic checks on the accuracy and completeness of the bank’s expenses
- Preparation of annual expense budgets.
- Budgetary control.
- Review for proper documentation and approval of payments as per the finance policy and approval matrix.
- Service provider relationship management.
- Ensuring that supplier reconciliations are done, and any outstanding issues resolved on time.
- Ensuring that payments are processed as per the set SLAs.
- Ensuring all statutory deductions and taxes are remitted on time.
- Reviewing and approving payments for the subsidiary.
Fixed Assets Management
- Ensuring that all the new assets are verified and capitalized.
- Periodic fixed asset verification and tagging.
- Ensuring that the bank’s assets are insured against potential risks.
- Preparation of the fixed asset movement schedule every month.
- Reviewing monthly supplier reconciliations.
- Reviewing monthly GL reconciliations for fixed assets and accounts payable.
- Ensuring that monthly stocktake has been carried out and discussing the reports with the C.F.O
- Supporting the audit process both internally and externally by providing all the required information within set timelines, policies, and procedures.
- Managing direct reports and staff matters e.g., training.
- Prepare performance contract and BSC for staff
- Manage staff leave as per agreed leave plan
- University degree in any business-related field or equivalent
- CPA Finalist or equivalent
- Minimum seven years experience preferably in banking or financial institution
- Minimum three years experience in a supervisory role
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of bank’s operating systems controls and general banking.
- Leadership skills to motivate and empower the team to reach organizational goals.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures, and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards.
- Performance Management skills to optimize employee productivity.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal), and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Self-empowerment to enable the development of open communication, teamwork, and trust that are needed to support performance and customer-service oriented culture.
- Planning & organizing skills to ensure proper management of objectives, tasks, and responsibilities of the unit.
- Communication skills to ensure sound written and oral communication to both internal and external customers.
- Problem-solving will generally follow precedent, but the incumbent is required to recommend changes and to challenge the status quo
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to [email protected] by 10th April 2022. Indicate Manager – Cost Management and your expected salary on your email subject.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for jobs placement
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.