Internal Controls Manager Job, Current Finance Kenya Jobs,
Position: Manager Internal Controls
Location: Central Office
Industry: Micro Finance Bank
Reports to: Chief Finance Officer
Our client, a microfinance bank is looking to fill in the position of a Manager Internal Controls who will be responsible for the application of established policies, processes, procedures, and tools to achieve optimal efficiency, compliance, and cost containment. The incumbent will deputize the CFO.
- Overall coordination and overseeing the audit of the Bank and providing correspondences to the internal and external auditors.
- Reviewing the financial statements to ensure they are accurate, and the necessary disclosures made to comply with International Financial Reporting Standards and other regulatory requirements.
- Communicating with the various heads of department and management on issues arising from internal controls and audits.
- Substantiation of Banks trial balance and ensuring reconciliations are done on all balances.
- Preparing monthly risk factors and corrective action and tracking for all units.
- Reporting on the execution of the enterprise strategy and financial plans.
- Cash flow analysis, forecasting and Management.
- Champion the bank’s risk management process by ensuring adherence to Policies, procedures, and Regulatory requirements.
- Managing all reconciliation processes for all suspense and Bank Accounts
- Managing daily production and reviewing of all returns supporting the banks operations.
- Investigating and identifying any data anomalies, researching data and proactively addressing any reporting issues.
- Maintaining accurate records and exercising quality control on all bank returns.
- Overseeing and implementing Risk and Compliance programs.
- Raising appropriate correction entries based on reconciliations outcome and liaising with branches and Operations department for necessary adjustments.
- Reviewing Mid-month and End month reconciliations for all branches.
- Compiling all bank end of month returns.
- To provide coaching and mentorship to the direct reports, motivate and lead towards achieving business strategy.
- Assist in Performance planning and review of the finance team
- To identify training gaps and recommend on required training interventions for the team.
- Representing Finance department in the Operations and Risk Committee on a monthly basis.
- A business-related degree from a reputable university
- CPA (K)
- Over 7 years’ experience where 3 years in manager level.
- High level of oral and written communication skills and proven analytical abilities to analyse interpret resolve and change workflow and improve productivity.
- Understand the impact of service and assigned roles on customers
- Knowledge of the RMFB procedures and processes
- Innovative and provide sound solutions for improvement in terms of best practice.
- Ability to perform under pressure and accept varied responsibilities
- Excellent time management skills to perform efficient and productive work
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to [email protected] by 15th April 2022. Indicate Manager Internal Controls and your expected salary on your email subject.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for jobs placement
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.