Deputy Vice Chancellor Academic and Student Affairs (DVC ASA), Latest University Jobs Kenya,
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: Vice Chancellor
Our client, Amref International University which focuses on training, research, and extension in health sciences with emphasis on promotive, preventive, rehabilitative and palliative health and is committed to progressively develop innovative programmes catering to the present as well as future Africa and global health needs, is looking to fill in the position of a Deputy Vice Chancellor Academic and Student Affairs (DVC ASA).
The Deputy Vice Chancellor Academic and Student Affairs (DVC ASA) is a key member of the University’s leadership team. Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, the DVC ASA oversees the Training Division to delivery its mandate in the achievement of Amref International University academic strategic goals, vision, and mission through academic departments.
Duties and Responsibilities
Undertake curricula reform
- Ensuring that curricula in AMIU incorporate training in leadership for primary healthcare, soft skills, entrepreneurship, and global health
- Have AMIU programs undergo recognition/accreditation in multiple countries in and out of Africa
- Professionalize and scale up underdeveloped/unrecognized/unregulated professions in primary health care
Grow student admission across Africa ensuring
- Increase student admissions from outside of Kenya and mainly from African populations that lag behind in human resources for health
- Lead mobilization of funds to support equal opportunities for disadvantaged students
- Provide for appropriate balance for fresh entry students and those already working who require skills upgrade
Adopt training delivery methods that ensure that training reaches students in different parts of Africa
- Lead the development of training delivery methods that enhances training at scale while achieving competence in technical and soft skills, including:
- Developing remote learning capability
- Setting up virtual learning centres
- Enhancing experiential and self-directed training
- Ensure that AMIU strategic cross-cutting issues are operationalized in training:
- Internal and external quality systems for training are operationalized
- There is diversity, equity and inclusion in student admissions and staffing for academic programs
- There is appropriate use of technology to scale up training across Africa
- Training programs are linked to Amref health Africa Programs
Achieve cornerstones for the success of training programs
- Achieve satisfying student experience in training including character building
- Ensure that academic staff are motivated
- Build sustainable training delivery systems including ODEL
- Ensure accreditation of programs by Commission for University Education as well as regulators in other countries
- Ensure that training programs are financially sustainable
- Earned academic credentials of at least Associate Professor level
- Over 10 years’ experience with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a senior leadership role in an academic institution
- Understands the Primary Health Care (PHC) environment in Africa
- Proven Experience in curricula reform, especially in training for health
- Educator, a respected leader in university education in Africa and globally
- Proven experience in developing and leading training delivery models across borders
- Competent in growing and making education programs sustainable
- Proven experience in setting up academic quality assurance programs
- Experience in university academic policy development
- Ability to lead academic program planning
- Ability to work across cultures
- Capacity to forge and nurture partnerships with private, non-profit, and government entities as well as other institutions of higher education.
- Strong interpersonal and critical problem-solving skills
- Approachable, flexible and change-oriented.
- Ability to hold critical conversations as a means of achieving mutually desired goals.
- Ability to mobilise and inspire others towards shared goals.
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to [email protected]
by 30th April 2022. Indicate DVC ASA – AMIU on your email subject.
Duly note that Amref International University does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Amref International University is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref International University is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for jobs placement
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.