Control Room Operator Job, Engineering Kenyan Jobs 2022,
Position: Control Room Operator- Vegetable Oil Extraction Plant
Industry: Oil Industry
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Our client in oil industry, is seeking to recruit a Control Room Operator. They will be responsible for operating the plant and maintain system parameters to ensure product quality is maintained and ensure zero undetectable deviation.
- Under minimal supervision, monitors electrical transmission and distribution system as well as the entire Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)system for proper oil extraction operation.
- Follow standard operating procedures for safe start up and shutdown of oil extraction plant.
- Ensure pre-start up, start up, operational and shut down checklists are completed before plant operations commence
- Utilize SCADA data to co-ordinate field fault diagnostics and manual operations.
- Ensure cleanliness of the working area
- Answers emergency trouble calls and other types of after-hours phone-calls and determines appropriate actions.
- Recalls on–call maintenance team to facilitate repairs on emergency trouble calls occurring outside of normal working hours, weekends, or holidays
- Maintains various operational records and logs and produces operational reports.
- Oversees the flow of information and reports, coordinates actions when necessary, and ensures response plans are followed during emergencies and natural disasters.
- Interfaces closely with the operations In-charge and maintenance to ensure key operational matters are performed, communicated and documented.
- Monitors and oversees the primary electrical system, using SCADA, receives system alarms to locates trouble areas.
- Maintains a log of operations to reflect any/all system concerns, and operational actions taken.
- Identifies SCADA operational malfunctions, request corrective actions, and reports uncorrected malfunctions.
- Follows standard procedures and switching orders in accordance with standard operating and safe switching practices.
- Ensure smooth transition of position during shift operations. Using drawings, traces and determines facilities affected by outages, and then notifies the shift in-charge.
- Complies with all HSE safety regulations and adheres to proper codes and standards with a thorough understanding of safety procedures related to Electrical Systems.
- Handle any other duties assigned by management from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or mechatronics engineering Preferred or equivalent experience and minimum 3 years related work experience
- Fluent knowledge of English
- 2 years operator experience in vegetable oil extraction plant.
- Firefighting & HSE basic courses (preferred)
- Experience with troubleshooting of plant upsets and taking corrective action.
- Experience with reading and logging SCADA information
- Experience with shift report writing
- Experience with filling appropriate plant operation log sheets.
- Commissioning – Start Up: Commissioning and start-up, Decommissioning
- Land Transportation Mgmt.: Land Transportation Management
- HSEQ General (Generic)
- Organization Processes: Internal Standard, Site Management
- Supports and technologies: Standard ISO, TQM and Quality system, technical requirement and Standard
- Compliance: Local/National and International Standard and Codes, Health, Safety, Environment, Quality
- Ability to read and interpret P&IDs and PFDs
- Problem Solving; Flexibility; Planning target control; Decision Making; Spirit of Enterprise; Communication; Listening and reception; Staff management and development
How to Apply
Apply on Flexi Personnel ATS or send your CV to [email protected] latest by 23rd May 2022. Indicate Control Room Operator on the email subject for easier retrieval and placement.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.