Agriculture Development Assistant Job, Current Agricultural Kenya Jobs 2022,
Position: Agriculture Development Assistant – Agronomist
Industry: Oil Industry
Reports to: Agricultural Development Manager
Our client in oil industry, is seeking to recruit Agriculture Development Assistant. They will be responsible for Assisting the Agriculture development manager with the management of green initiatives of the company. Will Work together with the agriculture development manager to ensure compliance and coordination of agriculture development activities.
- Support the manager in defining the environmental and geo-pedological characteristics for the development of vegetable oil production initiatives (bio feedstock).
- Support the analysis of local agricultural contexts in the country and agricultural production systems in rural areas.
- Support in the identification and implementation of the most appropriate intervention models for vertical integration projects in bio feedstock chains.
- Support other company initiatives (environmental awareness, communications campaigns, local content, etc.) which contribute to agriculture development as requested.
- Stakeholder relations skills, with particular reference to local communities.
- General Management tasks.
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate should have degree in Agricultural Sciences, Environmental Engineering or Natural Sciences. or the relevant qualifications or any other relevant field.
- Minimum experience of 3 years in a similar role or field.
- Experience in agricultural and agroforestry development projects, analysis of existing supply chains and production potential of agricultural biomass also for industrial use.
- Ability to design and manage large-scale agricultural and agroforestry interventions.
- Knowledge of agricultural and agro-forestry production systems, with particular reference to contract farming mechanisms and/or agro-industrial initiatives
- Knowledge of certification processes regarding production traceability, sustainability, calculation of GHG emissions
- Interpersonal skills, teamworking and management coordination.
- Candidate needs to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Candidate should have a network of relevant contacts to assist in job performance.
- Candidate needs to be proficient in Ms Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
How to Apply
Apply on Flexi Personnel ATS or send your CV to [email protected] latest by 24th May 2022. Indicate Agriculture Development Assistant- Agronomist on the email subject for easier retrieval and placement.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.