Fisheries Officer Job, Current Agricultural Jobs In Kenya
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:
Position: Fisheries Officer, Job Group CPSB 09 (5 Posts)
Terms of Service: Permanent and pensionable
This is the entry and training grade for Degree holders. An Officer at this level will work under the guidance and supervision of an experienced senior Officer. Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Receive and compile fisheries related statistical data from the field;
- Analyze fisheries data and preparing reports;
- Coordinate Monitoring, control and surveillance of fisheries resources;
- Undertake fisheries extension services;
- Maintain fish ponds at farms and hatcheries;
- Inspect fish and fish handling facilities at fish landing sites, markets and farms;
- Assist in the promotion of fish marketing and value addition; and
- Any other lawful duties that may be assigned from time to time
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:
- Be a Kenyan Citizen;
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in the following areas; fisheries, Zoology, Aquatic Science, Natural Resource Management, Biochemistry, Food Science and Technology, Environmental Science,
- Chemistry or any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution; and
- Have a Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution
How to Apply
All applicants should click on the Job Offers Option on the County Website and fill the application form and submit online.
N/B: No hard copy or emailed applications to email@example.com are allowed.
All applications should reach this office on or before 13th August, 2020.
PLEASE NOTE: Kakamega County Public Service Board does not charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are email address firstname.lastname@example.org and phone number 0713852573 ONLY.