Fisheries Job, Latest Agricultural Jobs In Kenya,
FISHERIES / BLUE ECONOMY OFFICER – FIFTEEN (15) POSTS – V/NO. 174/2020
Bachelors degree in any of the following fields;- Fisheries, Zoology, Aquatic Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Biochemistry, Food Science and Technology, Environmental Science, Geology, Fisheries Management, Physical Sciences, Biological Sciences, Spatial Sciences, Chemistry, Sociology, Economics/Statistics, Environmental Law or any other relevant qualification from a university recognized in Kenya.
This is the entry and training grade for this grade. An officer at this level will work under the guidance and supervision of an experienced officer. Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- receiving and analysing fisheries, aquaculture and blue economy related statistical data from the institutions, and preparing reports;
- participating in fisheries policy research and development, and monitoring of its implementation;
- participating in the preparation and monitoring of implementation of the fisheries management plans and measures;
- promotion of Kenya as a centre for aquaculture development, development; and
- implementation of international standards/protocols, conventions and treaties, and development of the Blue Economy Master Plan.
How to Apply
- Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 24th August 2020 latest by 5.00 p.m. (East African Time).