Secondary School Principal Job, Current NGO Vacancies 2022,
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s biggest development co-operation organization and the second biggest organization in Finland working in humanitarian aid. Finn Church Aid is a member of the ACT Alliance (ACT), an alliance of faith-based development and humanitarian aid organizations forming one of the world’s largest aid organizations.
Under the mandate of UNHCR, FCA has been selected to run and manage pre-primary, primary and secondary schools in Kalobeyei integrated settlement.
FCA is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of two secondary school principals for our Secondary Education Programme (SEP) in KALOBEYEI . This is a fixed-term position untill December 31st 2023.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure all students receive good quality education through a programme designed to promote a stimulating style of learning in a safe and secure school environment.
- To secure and sustain effective teaching and learning throughout the school and to monitor and evaluate the quality of teaching and standards of students’ achievement, using benchmarks and setting targets for improvement
- To be able to take a strategic role in the development of the new and emerging technologies to enhance and extend the learning experience of students.
- To co-ordinate and execute assessments and examinations in line with the regulations and standards across all School levels.
- In consultation with the Education Officer, to direct the process of teaching and learning for quality assurance in curriculum delivery.
- In consultation with the Education Officer, to evaluate and approve development and orders for teaching and learning resources, Teaching and Learning Files and their utilization.
- In consultation with the Education Officer, to conduct appraisals in teaching and learning, advise on training needs and prepare training schedules for capacity building of teachers to in in tandem with emerging global trends.
- To schedule and conduct academic meetings.
- To lead in the interpretation and analysis of data derived from diverse assessments and examinations and develop academic records for reference by stake holders.
- To plan, prepare and execute Parent/Student Forums and activities that involve academics and co-curricular activities.
- To lead and supervise school students’ guidance and counselling programs that will enhance individual learning and positive character formation.
- To facilitate high level consultative communication flow with the students, parents, teaching and non-teaching staff and the wider community.
- To maintain a culture of high level of self-discipline and work ethic among students.
- To ensure that students are properly guided and mentored to be able to objectively choose their future careers.
- To ensure that students receive, understand and embrace school rules and regulations.
- Be involved in discussions to study in detail curriculum subjects under subject panels to foster understanding of the content, assessment methods and teaching methods
- Attend workshops and trainings on professional advancement
- Set, moderate, and supervise examinations.
- Being a master/mistress of at least one school sports area, games, or club
- Train/coach or teach the group of students involved in the activity in the afternoons
- Be a member of a committee in the school e.g., counseling and guidance committee
Minimum Education and Professional Experience
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Education or its equivalent from a recognized University or Institution
- Must be a TSC registered teacher
- High level of motivation, integrity, commitment, and professional responsibility.
- Ability to tolerate cultural, educational, and religious diversity in the workplace.
- Ability to work for long hours with minimal supervision.
- Good team player with excellent interpersonal communication skill.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with guidelines and clear expectations.
- Must have experience in refugee secondary education programming.
All qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a completed application letter and Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected] stating the vacancy job title in the subject line
Deadline for receiving applications is 23rd December 2022
FCA will only contact short- listed applicants.
FCA is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. FCA is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Attempts to influence recruitment procedures through phone calls, emails or inducements of any kind will lead to disqualifications.