Finance & Operations Manager Job, Finance Jobs March 2021,
Title: Finance & Operations Manager
Travel: Up to 25% required
Reporting to: Regional Field Director, East Africa
The Finance & Operations manager is responsible for the overall financial, budgeting, and operations management of CIVICs East Africa offices. They will be a key support to the Regional Director (RD) and will be responsible for: finances, budgeting, bookkeeping, human resources and benefits, facilities, and procurement, including likely management of staff across multiple countries. As this is a new office, there would be considerable office start-up responsibilities. This position requires independence, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to anticipate needs and respond to staff inquiries on a broad range of subjects. Provide financial, operations, and human resource management to CIVICs Country project office
Financial Management: This candidate will be responsible for the overall financial management of the program and will support the Regional Field Director to making sound financial decisions:
- Responsible for establishing financial management practices for the Nairobi office and other country offices, in alignment with CIVIC policies;
- Ensure day-to-day accounting operations and financial management functions are performed in compliance with internal and donor’s policies and procedures;
- Ensure funds’ availability and verify that all procurement actions are compliant with internal and client’s financial management guidelines;
- Ensure that all accounting data is updated, reconciled and fully supported with backup documents;
- Responsible for the timely processing of staff payroll, allowances and other reimbursements;
- Monitor program and operational forecasting, maintains cash controls to ensure supply of adequate funds;
- Support the preparation of budgets, monitor, review and revise as required in close coordination with the regional field director and HQ;
- Meet financial reporting requirements, ensuring that all financial reports are submitted on or before deadline;
- In coordination with HQ, ensure accurate and smooth month and year-end closing and reporting within agreed schedules;
- Provide financial status of project expenses and budget information as requested;
- Ensure compliance with local laws, particularly on withholding taxes;
- Coordinate with Program Manager(s) to establish proper controls for grants management; and
- Ensure and routinely test for maintenance of audit-ready documentation.
- Experience managing multi-year grants with large funders preferred.
- Responsible for establishing operations management practices for the Nairobi office and forthcoming offices, in alignment with CIVIC policies;
- Manage physical offices and liaise with building management;
- Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement;
- Keep track of CIVIC assets (technology equipment, etc.);
- Control correspondence including fax and mail dissemination;
- Serve as overall first point of contact for staff with technical issues;
- Responsible for the technology management within the program office and ensures all staff are set up and understand how to use CIVIC-approved technologies;
- Trouble shoot technical glitches including internet, phones, printers, network etc.;
- Manage supplies and approve staff requests for furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- Manage new hire employment certification, benefit sign up and other paperwork for staff and local consultants;
- Together with team oversee in-house benefits administrator including processing monthly benefits and serving as point person for all staff inquiries;
- Proactively monitor staff needs with regard to insurance, withholding adjustments, travel advances, etc. (as necessary);
- Prepare contracts and additional paperwork for consultants;
- Liaise with headquarters to ensure close communication and consistency of processes under supervision of Regional Field Director to identify HR needs and requirements;
- Monitor consultancies to ensure prompt payment of fees.
- Minimum of 7 years financial management and bookkeeping experience including budgeting, and forecasting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reports.
- Minimum of 5-7 years operations and human resources management including oversight of benefits/taxes/insurance, asset management and property oversight
- Understands local labor law requirements, human resource and facilities management.
- Knowledge of working with international NGOs (INGO).
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English.
- Must be able to keep CIVIC matters strictly confidential.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel.
- Experience in office start-up preferred.
- Prior experience in Business Management preferred.
- Kenyan residency or citizenship required.
How to apply
Click here to apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.