Finance Manager Job, Finance Jobs 2020,
Position: Finance Manager
Rafode Ltd is a Company based in Kisumu with the mission of giving micro, small enterprises and small holder farmers in rural areas the financial tools they need – micro enterprise loans, business training and other financial services – to work their way out of poverty.
We seek to hire a Finance Manager in our Head Office. The Finance Manager will be responsible for providing strategic leadership in business and financial planning, monitoring, management and reporting, including development of policies, systems, processes that would safeguard the financial resources and lead to attainment of set goals and objectives.
- Oversee all financial operations and direct corporate financial planning and structure.
- Ensure working in close cooperation with the Managing Director that an appropriate financial policy framework is in place to guide the financial decision making in terms of clarity on turnover, profit, costs and investment and forward planning.
- Contribute to the preparation of the strategic plan including preparation of the annual budget, financial reporting at departmental & branch levels as well as establish, monitor and report performance indicators to various levels of management and the Board and forecasts.
- Ensure formulation, implementation and review of divisional and departmental plans in line with the company objectives/strategy and the present challenges.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annually short and long term financial forecasts of financial performance for use with internal management and external parties as well as co-ordinate and guide Senior Management and Head of Departments in the preparation and evaluation of departmental/branch annual budgets and consolidate the same into a budget.
- Oversee timely preparation of management financial reports and preparation of annual financial statements and coordinate external audits.
- Coordinate, analyze and report the financial performance to Management and Board of Directors (financial performance, projections and other special projects as required).
- Set vigorous internal control systems and ensuring compliance to the system.
- Maintain records to meet legal and liaise with relevant authorities to ensure compliance to statutory requirements
- Manage organizational cash flow, treasury and forecasting. Ensuring accurate and timely cash flow reporting and management and oversee timely payments of trade/capital and operational expenses.
- Identification, management and mitigation of financial risks.
- Create and maintain good effective working relations with banks, financial institutions, statutory bodies and key/leading corporate clients.
- Build in control systems and procedures for monitoring performance against budget, internal equity, preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end management and statutory accounts.
- Implement capital expenditure projects and asset acquisitions and maintain an up to date assets register.
- Design and manage the implementation of effective front office systems for proper receiving and recording of repossessed items, collection of all monies due, and institution of appropriate recovery action on any outstanding debts in collaboration with Operations Department.
- Maintain, develop and update financial policies and procedures manual for the finance department and drive compliance.
- Work with human resources employees to secure candidates who will be an asset to the finance department.
- Establish and implement a training program for new finance employees.
- Provide leadership and mentorship/coaching among others by overseeing goal setting, monitoring, review of performance and feedbackto the finance team and to the rest of the company on any matters of finance.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Managing Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Must be a certified accountant and member of ICPAK.
- Three (3) years’ relevant experience in Financial Services.
- Strategic planning experience at the management level
- Problem solving abilities along with solid analytical skills, understanding of business process and systems optimization.
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting.
- Ability to review data and make relevant management decisions.
- Strong financial system and business administration understanding.
- Creative and critical thinking
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in computer skills including financial management software and MS suite.
How to apply
Interested candidates can send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Human Resources Officer, deadline for the application is 31.12.2020