Finance Manager Job, Latest Finance Jobs,
Finance Manager – Grade KPC 3
- Planning and ensuring production of financial statements and coordination of external audits.
- Coordinating the annual external audit within the department
- Managing treasury activities and recommending to management investment options for surplus funds and fulfilling daily cash requirements of the organization
- Keeping abreast with emerging accounting and regulatory issues and evaluating their impact on the company to ensure
- Review the information processing systems and recommending improvements and ensuring that the existing internal controls are working and being adhered to by all
- Supervision and motivation of staff
- Ensure all claims against the company are settled in time while adhering to the laid down procedures.
- Review the existing policies and procedures and come up with additional policies and procedures to address the identified
- Ensure only goods and services consumed by the organization are paid for at the agreed terms with proper
- Ensure compliance with Tax laws and other relevant Government legislation in respect to deduction and remittance of taxes and other statutory
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Commerce (Accounting option) or its recognized equivalent qualifications
- CPA (K) or its recognized equivalent qualifications
- A minimum of ten (10) years post qualification relevant work experience five (5) of which should have been at senior management
- Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or any other recognized professional
- Leadership Course lasting not less than two (2) weeks
- Proficiency in computer
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution; and
- Demonstrated competence in work performance
Key Skills and Competencies
- In-depth knowledge of International Accounting Standards and budgeting principles and practices; financial and strategic planning, budget administration, statistics and data collection methods, policy analysis, financial modeling and forecasting
- Considerable knowledge of principles, methods and practices of governmental accounting and budgeting
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, develop alternative solutions, work well in group problem solving situations and reason when dealing with emotional topics
- Ability to maintain professional status, high integrity and keep abreast of evolving trends in accounting and finance through continuing professional development
- Proficiency in financial and statistical packages
- Ability to deliver Kenya Pipeline Company’s articulated vision for change, create a sense of urgency around change and motivates staff to join change efforts
- Ability to establish flexible multidisciplinary teams in an environment conducive to continuous learning, creativity and innovation
- Ability to empower staff through coaching and counseling by emphasizing accountability and results oriented management rather than direct supervision
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to visit the KPC website www.kpc.co.ke under the Career Opportunities section where the Job Descriptions and Specifications as well as the User Manual containing instructions on how to apply for the positions have been posted.
All applications should be received not later than 7th January 2021.
Candidates interested in positions in Grade KPC 2, 3 & 4 are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. In this regard, they must upload copies of the following;
Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations (DCI)
Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.