Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
About Farsight Africa Group
Farsight Africa Group is a leading full-service Pan-African communications company that delivers impactful solutions to companies, governments, development organizations’ and individuals across East Africa.
Farsight Africa Group has established a reputation in the marketplace for working in complex and challenging environments that demand a comprehensive understanding of local cultures, indigenous communication practices and relationships with stakeholders, at both the grassroots and national level.
The objectives of this position is to provide a learning environment for an aspiring finance and accounting professional, while contributing to the finance, administration and logistics function. We are looking for a bright hands-on Finance Intern to be a key member of the Finance team.
· Receive and examine payment requests supporting documents
· Assist with recording invoices into the accounting system
· Assist with positing of captured invoices for timely payment processing
· Help in the reconciliation of account receivables and payables, banks, bill payments or inventories
· Ensure that all recurrent invoices and utility bills are paid on time
· Assists staff as needed on creating clear and understandable purchase requests and other documentation.
· Prepare the required documentation of supplies and transactions and completed to Farsight Africa’s standards.
· Filing of all supporting documents for administration and projects and ensuring the filing system of the organization is in order.
· Other duties as requested by the supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
The candidate should have the following minimum qualifications:
• A Bachelor’s degree in a finance related discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of Second Class Honours, Upper Division
• Minimum of B+ in KCSE
• CPA(s) or its equivalent is an added advantage
• Good communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Strong numeracy, analytical, strategy and research skills
• Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
Location and Duration
The position will be based in Nairobi and the indicative start date is 1st February 2021. The internship is expected to run for a period of 2 months with possible extension based on satisfactory performance.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter