Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Finance and Grants Officer Jobs, Finance Jobs, Finance Officer Jobs, Accounting Jobs, CPA Jobs, NGO Jobs, Mercy Corps Jobs
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disasters, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, they partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. They help communities survive and move beyond emergencies. When natural disasters strike, economies collapse or conflict flares, Mercy Corps is there.
The Finance and Grants Officer works under the guidance and supervision of the Finance and Compliance Director and with direct interaction with the respective Program Managers, Consortium members and the Mercy Corps Finance team in Kenya. He/She will be based in Nairobi with significant travel to the field.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Conduct day to day management and implementation of the grants work plan under Mercy Corps.
• Propose revisions to grant processes and procedures based on experience and lessons learned and coordinate proposed changes with the Program Manager and Finance and Compliance Director.
• Conduct a pre-award assessment for pre-approved sub-recipients.
• Work closely with the technical team to identify potential areas of support, eligibility and evaluation criteria.
• Work with selected grantees to ensure budgets are in line with program activities and that costs are reasonable, allowable and allocable.
• Conduct due diligence assessments on all grants including business feasibility, evaluate environmental requirements and document negotiation process for all prospective grantees.
• Work closely with the M&E Team in developing M&E plans to ensure that they are contributing to specific indicators and outcomes
• Conduct post-award training for the sub-recipients on grants administration, applicable donor regulations and reporting requirements.
• Identify sub-recipient/grantee capacity building needs and provide technical assistance where needed and trainings to assure compliance.
• Review sub-recipient/grant reports for accuracy and completeness and regularly monitor their budgets vis-a-vis financial reports and process payments/reimbursements as appropriate.
• Conduct grantee site visits as appropriate including financial monitoring of grants and cost-share to ensure proper accounting of grant funds awarded.
• Maintain complete and accurate files for all sub-recipient/grant files as per the Field Finance Manual.
• Input the financial reports in Navigator and reconciling them regularly.
• Serve as a primary point of contact for all correspondence and notifications to grant applicants and grantees.
• Coordinate the close-out of sub-recipients/grants. This will involve preparing relevant close-out documents for approval such as disposition documentation, modification agreements on closeout, closeout checklists, the release of liability documentation, etc.
• Responsible for the preparation of monthly and quarterly reports for grant activities that feed into the overall program report.
• Ensure that grant activities comply with Mercy Corps internal policies and procedures, as well as Donor rules and regulations.
• Participate in the development and implementation of the program’s annual work plans.
• Support the Finance team with other grants or finance sector activities.
• Coordinate expenditure verification and project audits
• Ensure that field staff is familiar with grants management procedures.
• Any other duties as may be assigned.
2. Management and Communications:
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above, required qualifications and experience should submit a Cover Letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing three professional references (including a recent supervisor). Applications should be sent to [email protected] on or before 27th August 2019.
The email subject line must clearly show the job title they are applying for.
Applications without an appropriate subject heading will be automatically disqualified.
Please do not attach any certificates.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: We do not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter