Finance & Administration Officer Job at BlueInventure
BlueInventure is a regional strategic business growth advisory firm that provides business strategy solutions to enable businesses to thrive.
We work in collaboration with partners to provide business solutions to business enterprises including enabling access finance, markets and knowledge expertise.
We create an enabling environment for businesses to thrive in order to support our vision of a transforming Africa through enterprise.
We are looking to grow our team and are looking for an individual who has a minimum of 2 years experience in a Finance and Administration role, understands statutory and tax regulations, has at least a CPA part 2,has good planning and budgeting skills, and is able to support other administrative functions within the organization.
The person should be able to and provide solutions to organizational challenges. They should have a Degree in Accounting or Finance.
About The Job
The job purpose is to manage and coordinate the organization’s finance, administration, logistics and functions.
- Assist with the development, implementation and compliance of internal financial policies, procedures and control mechanisms
- Maintaining and reconciling creditor (payable) and debtor (receivable) invoices on a monthly basis.
- Preparing of all creditor (payable) and debtor (receivable) reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Managing and reconciling the bank accounts, petty cash, MPESA and disbursements.
- Preparing invoices and receipts to clients
- Overall management of petty cash ·
- Writing cheques and ensuring that payments are made based on budgets and monies available.
- Ensuring all payments have the relevant support documents e.g. requisition, quotation, LPO, Delivery Note, invoice, acceptance of goods/services.
- Data entry to the accounting system on a daily basis and ensuring accurate record is maintained
- Following up on debtors to ensure that they complete their payments
- Prepare and submit statutory payments (PAYE, NSSF, NHIF) compute taxes owed, prepare tax returns and ensure compliance with all taxation legislation
- Preparing the payroll for approval by Management prior to making the payments
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational requirements
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and timely management accounts (trial balance, balance sheet, profit and loss account and other reports).
- Prepare all necessary information for annual returns and audits
- Maintaining a current record of all assets and liabilities
- Performs internal audits of accounts payable and coordinate annual audits, accounts receivables; payroll distribution, fixed assets, and cash.
- Work with external auditors on all audit matters and ensuring all audit recommendations are adhered to
- Identify and manage all the risks related to the organization
- Archiving all financial records and ensuring that proper files are maintained and are traceable.
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation
- Support the day-to-day, operational activities of the office, including all administrative support functions.
- Support the administrative functions including provision of necessary equipment and material for the work environment, leases, service provider contracts
- Develop and monitor the administrative budget
- Manage the contracts for services and supplies, and ensure they are within the policy and guidelines.
- Support all logistics-related activities including travel and security and ensure policies and procedures for procurement and services are followed.
- Ensure that all utilities bills are paid on time.
- Assist in preparation for meetings if called upon and take minutes of meeting and keep clear records of meetings.
- Ensure maintenance of office equipment
How to Apply
If this describes you, kindly send us your CV to [email protected] to reach us on or before 9th February 2018.
Kindly indicated your current and expected salary and the notice period that you require.
The email subject should read FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.