Finance & Accounts Manager Job, Current Accounting Jobs
Position: Manager, Finance & Accounts
Job Ref. No. :PSASB/01/11/2020
Designation: Manager, Finance & Accounts
Job Grade: ASB 3
No. of Posts: 1
The Manager, Finance & Accounts will be responsible for:-
- Overseeing the management of the department;
- Management of cash flows including preparation, implementation and evaluation of daily, monthly and annual budgets;
- Preparation of management financial statements for planning purposes (Ad-hoc reporting);
- Supervision of banking and bank reconciliation;
- Developing supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls established through Treasury regulations and procedures;
- Monitoring and implementing the laid down expenditure controls so as to ensure that financial expenditure is planned, controlled and properly authorized;
- Formulation and implementation of Internal Control Systems (ICS);
- Collecting, analyzing and interpreting financial policies, data and statistics;
- Coordinating budget preparation, consolidating and submitting as per the guidelines issued;
- Managing the Board’s financial investment and assets;
- Coordinating the preparation of all financial reconciliations;
- Accounting for funds disbursed to the Board;
- Managing the preparation and interpreting financial statements, management accounts and reports;
- Ensuring Statutory and quarterly management reports are prepared and submitted as per the legal requirements;
- Coordinating maintenance of an asset register;
- Identification and management of departmental risks/opportunities and Business Continuity Management;
- Coordinating implementation of departmental strategic objectives;
- Ensuring compliance with Treasury regulations and procedures;
- Authorizing payments and signing of cheques subject to set limits;
- Management of staff performance within the department and
- Mentoring and coaching the departmental staff.
- Served in a comparable and relevant position for a minimum period of ten (10) years with at least three (3) years’ experience in a management position;
- Certified Public Accountants K (CPA)/ACCA, CIFA or equivalent qualification;
- Master’s degree in any of the following: Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or their equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Attended a senior management course from a recognized institution lasting not less than 4 weeks;
- Knowledge and understanding of International Accounting Standards;
- Member Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK);
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in the usage of recognized computer accounting software and common office applications; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
If you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the specified criteria, please send your application letter attaching an updated C.V, copies of academic and professional certificates and any other supporting documents to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the reference number on the subject of the email. Candidates must also attach clearance/compliance certificates from CID, HELB, EACC, CRB & KRA in their applications which should be received not later than 8th December, 2020, at 5.00pm.
The PSASB is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing of any kind will lead to automatic disqualification. Women, Youth and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Further, only applications send to firstname.lastname@example.org shall be considered.