Farm Manager Job, Current Agicultural Jobs,
Position: Farm manager/Agronomist
Location: Kiambu County
Farm manager will be expected to mana e the farm proactively liaising with the director in manage in the firm effectively.
This role is on a contract basis. The successful candidate will continue employment with us on a permanent basis as we row the enterprise.
- Recruiting and supervising temporary workers to prepare the property for planting, creation of seed beds, transplanting, harvest etc. as necessary.
- Supervising the construction and ongoing operation of greenhouse units from time to time
- Preparing and executing processes and procedures for the management of our greenhouses
- Maintaining reenhouse cleanliness and ensuring sanitation procedures are followed
- Monitoring and maintaining current systems . irriation, water tanks and drip lines
- Monitoring the health of plants for any diseases and pests
- Executing crop watering, pesticide and fertilizer applications as per the recommended
- Ensurin the hihest available quality and yield of produce from current facilities from seeds or seedlins
- Recommending changes to improve crop yields, reduce costs and increase ROI as necessary
- Recommending appropriate crop varieties to increase the farm’s income and returns
- Providing frequent updates to directors on the status of the farm and health of crops
- Planning, setting production tarets, and buying materials needed for the farm, such as animal dru s and maintaining health and safety across the
- Continuously monitoring the quality, performance of the produce and also monitoring the health and welfare of the animals
- Manage in the firms budet, cash flow and communicating with suppliers
- Monitoring and documenting all yields and record keeping.
- Arranging the maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment
- Managin the smooth operation of breeding, estation and finishing units which includes feed and co-ordination of animal
- Implement Bio-security controls and procedures for
- We seek self-motivated, entrepreneurial individual with inte rity and a strong work
- Good communication verbal/written, interpersonal and computer skills are required.
- Can work without supervision.
- A team oriented person is paramount to the success of these
- Knowled e in latest modern aricultural practices that save on costs, are sustainable, maximize on space and are environmentally
- Passionate about ariculture
- Proven evidence of manaerial or leadership skills is
- The candidate should be fit, eneretic, and resilient, and be comfortable to mana e our multi-farms.
- Diploma or Bachelors degree in Agronomy, crop science, agribusiness management, environmental sciences or their equivalent from a recognized university
- Previous experience in managin a farm or horticultural crops with a focus on herbs such as peppers, basil, chives
- Experience in cow, poultry and pi
- Must be computer
- Excellent husbandry skills and Knowledge of Health Programme.
- Knowled e of produce markets in Kenya and beyond
How to apply
Interested applicants should send a copy of their current resume/CV and two references (at least one in a riculture and a character reference) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the words APPLICATION in the subject line of your email and quote expected salary in the body of your email.
Deadline: 18th December 2020