Farm Manager Job, Current Agricultural Jobs In Kenya,
The Kitale National Polytechnic is an ISO 9001:2015 Certified Institution in the TVET training sector that produces trained qualified and professional personnel with an overall objective of adding value to the technical sector and contributing to trained self reliance individuals in the society.
FARM MANAGER JG J
The Farm Manager will be responsible for planning, organizing and managing the activities of the institute’s farm.
The position will be on CONTRACT basis
- Have Diploma in General Agriculture or above
- Have at least 3 years working experience in a large farm
- Planning finances and production to maintain farm progress against budget parameters
- Marketing the farm’s products
- Buying supplies such as fertilizer seeds
- Arranging the maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery equipment
- Planning activities for trainee staff, mentoring and monitoring
- Maintaining and monitoring the quality of yield, whether livestock or crops
- Understanding the implications of the weather and making contingency plans
- Ensuring that farm activities comply with government regulations
- Monitoring animal health and welfare, including liaising with vets
- Maintaining knowledge of pests and diseases and an understanding of how they spread and how to treat
- Applying health and safety standards across the institute farm
- Protecting the environment and maintaining biodiversity
- Keeping up to date financial records
How to Apply
All applications to the above posts should be in own handwriting. Attach copies of academic professional certificates, testimonials, CV, copy of National ID, meet all the requirements of Chapter Six of Constitution of Kenya 2010 and day time telephone contact to reach the Chief Principal on or before 14th October, 2020.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO ACCEPT OR REJECT ANY APPLICATIONS. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Kitale National Polytechnic is an “Equal Opportunity” Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender and/or disability.
The Chief Principal
Kitale National Polytechnic
P.O Box 2162-30200