Farm Manager Job, Current Agricultural Jobs,
Job title: Farm Manager
Our client a fast-growing agribusiness located in Isinya. Dealing with commercial farming of vegetables targeting both the domestic and export markets. They are seeking to hire a farm manager who will be responsible for operational efficiency and be responsible in making a business case for the farm.
Farm Manager Roles & Responsibilities;
- Managing all on-farm activities to include planning of all seeding, nursery, growing and harvesting, sorting, packaging, pruning, pest control, record keeping.
- Maintaining the standards of health and safety as per G.A.P.
- In charge of overall welfare of the plants in order to meet the 90% yield quota.
- Assign duties, such as cultivation, irrigation, harvesting, pruning, packaging, grading and equipment maintenance.
- Efficient utilization of farm labour to avoid high wage bill, and cutting down on unnecessary farm costs.
- Stock-taking of farm Inputs and know when re-order levels are due.
- Implement a farm records management system, and timely updates to management on progress status.
- Prepare annual, bi-annual work plans and break then down into short to midterm work plans.
- Embrace innovative ways to farming, advising on best practice.
- Ensure adherence to Horticultural Crops Development Authority regulations, including Food Safety and Quality, Environment Safety and Workers Welfare, Health and Safety
- Post-harvest processing including storage and packaging in preparation of sale
- Implement farm safety procedures at all times
Farm Manager Qualifications;
- Degree in agricultural economics, agronomy, agribusiness and other related field.
- Must have at least Three (3) years’ experience in a commercial farm environment, managing farm assets and farm labour.
- experience and knowledge about cultivating common greenhouse crops.
- Deep knowledge of agrochemicals and the permissible residue levels for various markets.
- Must be conversant with greenhouse and open field farming technology.
- Keen on learning, growing, and contributing to a small team of experienced people in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently while constantly informing management using reports, charts and memos.
How to apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Farm Manager – Isinya) to email@example.com by or before Monday 21st December 2020.