Write-Off Officers Job, Current Finance Jobs In Kenya,
About the job
Are you a go getter, positive minded individual who fits the role profile captured below? There is an opportunity for ambitious, self-driven individuals to fill the above position.
REPORTING TO: COLLECTION AND RECOVERIES MANAGER.
Job Purpose: The incumbent is responsible for the overall management of the Debt Recovery Unit and recovery of the bad and doubtful debts.
- Demand and enforce repayment of the bad debts.
- Negotiate for repayment with bad debtors during recovery enforcement process.
- Monitor arrangements for payments from bad debtors.
- Attending public auctions as Family Bank representatives.
- Attend/appearing in court for hearings when required as the Bank’s representatives.
- Liaison with lawyers in recovery matters.
- Under the guidance of the Collection and Recoveries Manager, issue instructions to professional valuers to re-evaluate securities held in preparation of realization.
- Liaise with auctioneers in the realization of securities and monitoring auctioning process to satisfactory conclusion.
- Liaise with Legal Department recovery litigations and where legal interpretations are required.
- Managing effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ensure effective communication to internal and external customers in writing (correspondence), on phone or in person.
- Check and verify the accuracy, completeness of the documents against the checklist provide according to product lines; KYC/AML compliance requirements.
- Prepare, submit detailed and accurate reports from recovery assignments making actionable business-oriented recommendations to management.
- Maintain a proper Debt Recovery documentation.
- Ensuring compliance to regulations and the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain the set budgets.
- Evaluate cost/benefits, identify appropriate alternatives and make innovative initiatives to improve work efficiency.
- Any other official duty that may be allocated by management from time to time.
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounts, Finance or related field.
- Professional Credit or Debt recovery qualifications a plus.
- Have a minimum of two (2) years practical experience with proven result oriented track record in recoveries.
- Experience in banking & legal/Credit background is a plus.
- Honest and with high integrity.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Personality: A go-getter, good negotiator, enthusiastic, results oriented with excellent communication and social skills.
- A forward planner with clear focus, mature, reliable, hardworking and able to work without supervision.
- Sound knowledge of the Bank’s policies and procedures
- Computer skills: adept in use of Ms Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Internet and email.
- Honest and with high integrity.
- Results oriented with excellent communication and social skills.
- A forward planner with clear focus, mature, reliable, hardworking and able to work without supervision
How to Apply
ALL applicants MUST apply online to the email; [email protected]; subject on the email; Write-Off Officer closing date is 28th November 2022. Canvassing will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“We are an equal opportunity Employer”