Clinical Officer, Latest Hotel Jobs In Kenya,
To provide medical advice and services to the Hotel’s colleagues and guests as required to ensure their health, safety, and well-being.
What is in it for you?
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Attend to colleagues and guests in the clinic
- Liaise and refer colleagues and Guests to the company Doctor on complicated matters.
- Make progressive follow-ups to those admitted to the hospital & report.
- Organize the food handler’s tests and submit the reports on them as required
- Be aware of management-approved medical providers, refer colleagues to the same and communicate changes if any.
- Act as the custodian of all medical information regarding colleagues’ i.e individual colleague medical expenditure, insurance information, approved hospital providers, and approved doctors.
- Work closely with the HR office for the co-ordination of pre-employment checks
- Ensure induction of new colleagues on sexually transmitted diseases, HIV/Aids, and prevention counseling.
- Participate and initiate canteen menu reviews- to ensure colleagues get adequate food servings for a properly balanced diet and liaise with HR and the canteen chef on this.
- Plan for health talks once every quarter and if not possible to get a doctor, organize to present a talk to colleagues on health, safety & general wellness.
- Organize with local medical providers for a medical check-up for colleagues at competitive prices.
- Ensure to maintain adequate stock
- Ensure to check on a regular basis the first aid boxes in each department and ensure they are replenished.
- Be an agent for behavioral change among colleagues by acting as a peer educator/ counselor
- Train peer counselors, and educators to be agents of change in their respective departments
- Participate in the identification of departmental peer counselors and workplace wellness champions
- Come up with creative ideas and messages to colleagues to encourage exercising and keeping fit.
- Organize monthly group therapies for colleagues who want to share experiences in their circles
- Follow up with HR to ensure that wellness programs are provided for in the annual budget
- Submitting monthly reports on a monthly basis i.e. incidents/accidents report, sick offs analysis, medical expenditure
- Liaising with HR officer on colleagues’ claims on medical expenses
- Visiting and making contacts with all hospitals and doctors that we partner with for easier future follow up
- Visit colleagues admitted to hospital and give a continuous report on their progress
- Be in charge of colleagues’ notice boards, ensure the information posted here is well organized and updated
- Ensure drug purchases are in line with the budget and ensure the clinic does not run out of stock for the necessary drugs and other items
- Ensuring all invoices for colleague’s treatment are checked and countersigned before forwarding to Accounts
- Keeping proper records of medical expenses
- Participate actively in any forecast or budgeting exercise relevant to Colleagues’ area
Material Responsibility Duties
- Effectively manage and control assets
- Ensure faults and equipment not working properly are immediately reported.
Human Resources Duties
- Ensure to follow the weekly roster (timetable)
- Ensure that all Human resources policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure that Lieu Days and Holiday are taken in a timely manner
- Actively participate in any action plan relative to the colleague’s welfare and ensure that any points relevant to colleagues and guests are followed up.
- Ensure to record Days off/Sick days
- Organize HIV/AIDS and other health talks and look for relevant materials to be posted on colleagues’ notice boards
- Organize training on any issues arising such as food poisoning, viral infection, or Malaria on a regular basis
- Ensure all training records are duly completed
- Ensure training plans are done for all direct reports but also for any colleague working directly or indirectly under your responsibility.
- Attend Food training in order to be able to do audits in all F & B outlets
Health & Safety
- Provide and ensure staff and colleagues work and reside in a safe environment.
- Attend all Health & Safety training periodically scheduled
- Participate in Health and Safety meetings
- Be fully aware of Fire, Evacuation, and bomb threat procedures, follow them and ensure the same is followed by all colleagues
- Maintain the accident/incidents records
Food Hygiene Responsibilities
- Ensure all food safety measures are taken and followed in the production and food service
- Conducts monthly hygiene checks together with colleagues Restaurant Supervisor and Colleagues Head cook
- Be fully aware of Hygiene standards as per FHR and local policies and procedures
- Adhere to all environmental practices and initiates as per FHR and local standards
Experience and skills
- Previous experience as a Hotel Nurse or a locum
- College Certificate/Diploma in a related discipline
- Self-confident, creative, and proactive, able to prioritize and make effective decisions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Qualified &Registered nurse of Kenya
How To Apply
APPLY FOR THE JOB HERE.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.