Factory Engineer Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi
We are looking for a highly skilled professional individual for the role of a Factory Engineer (Technical Manager.)
Reporting To: General Manager Factory
Job function: Manages Company’s R&D, Manufacturing and Technical Support activities
Job Overall Purpose
Responsible for the technical aspects of Dairy processing and instrumentation, including design, manufacture and Intellectual Property.
- Graduate degree in either Mechanical/Electrical Engineering both will be an advantage
- Practical experience in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering in a busy environment is an advantage
- Computer literate with strong competence in MS office package to include Excel, access and power point.
- Experience in or a Diploma or certificate in project management will be an added advantage.
- Effective and impactful communication, negotiation, problem solving and presentation skills.
- Must have minimum 5 years’ experience in FMCG manufacturing sector(Dairy Sector an advantage) at senior level in the technical/engineering department.
- Manage the company’s R&D, Technical Support and Manufacturing functions to meet
Budgeted financial performance
- Develop new products, as agreed by the Leadership Team
- Oversee and co-ordinate production of mechanical, electronic, electrical and software
components of Company’s abrasive jet drilling systems
- Manage the generation and preservation of Company Intellectual Property, including archiving/storage of designs, documentation of know-how, preparation of patent
applications and general maintenance of the company’s IP portfolio.
- Provide product support and other technical support to operational functions in the most efficient manner for all concerned
- Maintain a clear view at all times of the R&D and Technical Support past and forecast technical and financial performance (both deliverables and spend)
- Foster a climate and culture where QHSE issues are addressed effectively and speedily, as
part of everyone’s normal function
- Improve the effectiveness of the Company’s internal systems; increasing efficiency and
reducing administrative overhead
- Attract, retain and motivate people to improve the company’s performance
- Report regularly on key aspects of the business, in accordance with routine and ad-hoc reporting requirements
- Provide relevant technical information to Operations staff to enable proper operation and maintenance of Field Technical Equipment.
- Energy champion
Communication And Working Relationships
- General Manager Factory – Immediate indirect Supervisor
- Supervises Design Engineers, Technicians
How to apply
If qualified kindly send your CV to [email protected] clearly indicating “Factory engineer” on the subject line by 12th September 2019.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.