Responsible for auditing and controlling food & beverage accounts and control documents. Among other functions, he/she ensures that the summary and discrepancy reports prepared and produced are correct. Will do stock take, prepare consumption reports and cost menus in conformity with requirements.
- The ability to work in a team as well as individually
Sound decision making
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Good attention to detail
The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
Good IT skills
Level 2 Diploma in Credit Management
Double entry book keeping
Basic costing principles
Purchase, sales and general ledgers
- Achievement of systems and controls that flow easily without disrupting the operation of the food and beverage facility
- Accurate and timely reporting of finances
- Food and beverage stock control in all bars and stores.
- Computer operations control in points of sales systems.
- Analysis of consumption data.
- In conjunction with the Executive Chef & F&B manager, provides analysis of F&B stores consumption to handle the ordering of Food and Beverage as exact as possible.
- Input in the computer all bar stock received.
- Maintain the food inventory updated on a daily in cooperation with the Executive Chef.
- Carry out spot-checks on the hotel stores rotating stock-takes.
- Carry out checks on storing operations and receivables.
- Input in the computer all the requesitions.
- Control and ensure that not one item goes out from the stores without requisition.
- Accounts for any stock transfer between onboard locations.
- Inputs physical bar stock counts into the computer system and analyze results highlighting the discrepancies for additional counts or reviews.
- Hold minimum each second day a spot check on physical inventories held in the bars, food and beverage stores, stores and day stores.
- Monitors – controls tips and bonuses to bar staff.
- Compiles a physical inventory routine for each food & beverage locations.
- Prepares a report in the end of each week to be signed by the F&B Manager and copy to the Chief Accountant.
- Day to day supervision and management of the responsibilities detailed above.
- Spreading random audits and reconciliation´s over the voyage and moving forward with new computer installations and controls procedures, whilst tackling systems and financial control problems, as these occur.
- Run end of the day on all bar point of sales workstations; distribute daily sales analysis reports as required.
- Feed figures into spreadsheets format to carry out the control functions described above.
- Review “undefined” accounts.
- Performs any other duty as requested by his/her superiors.
- Participate in the hotel’s social responsibility programme
- To adhere to strict grooming and hygiene standards