Network Engineer Job, IT Job Vacancies in Kenya,
About the job
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you’re welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?.
About This Opportunity
We are now looking for a Network Engineer that will be responsible for performing Design, Tuning, Optimization and audit of a network to meet customer requirements. The position is applicable for design & optimization of RAN, BBA, Transmission, Core, OM and Services Networks. You will be engaged in the whole process from pre-sales of services and networks to service delivery and acceptance. The role focuses on executing design, tuning, audit and optimization of services, where you will be accountable for part of the solution and of the service process. Hereby, you should be able to keep time, performance and quality according to Ericsson requirements and customer contracts.
What You Will Do
- Radio Access Networks – Design and Optimization
- Radio Network Dimensioning & Link Budgets (RAN, ATND, IPRAN and TX)
- Coverage Planning and Capacity Planning
- Frequency/Scrambling Code/PCI Planning
- Neighbour Planning
- Parameter Audits
- Single Site Verification
- Identify add-on sales opportunities
- You will collect and document customer requirements
- Implement VoLTE functionality and required features where applicable.
- Engagement with CxO level at customer end to present project updates, strategic direction, risks, and recommendations for Network improvement programs
- Act as a leader and mentor in day to day operations to provide insights for less experienced colleagues
- Engagement with sales and accounts teams to Drive add-on sales and new business opportunities during the entire process to contribute to increased sales volumes .
- Radio Delivery of Transmission Network Design and Optimization including Microwave, Long haul, VSAT and Fibre as applicable and deliver BoQs as per Managed Capacity Contract after considering inventory levels and by ensuring capture of spares as required by Operations Team
- Support RAN and core teams for identification, augmentation and optimization of north and south bound interfaces (eg, Iub, Nb, A-bis, Ater, A, PoI etc)
- Delivery of DCN, Sync and NTP performance audit
- Handshake of AOP inputs with customer and identify and flag gaps from transport perspective to ensure a resilient transport layer
- Verify and review the NCP and handshake with ND – MTN. Also document deviations if any on account of lack of Capex, non-adherence to design guidelines etc.
- Ensure smooth interworking with 3GPP nodes in the existing network
- Support RAN team in quality issues arising from transmission network
- Perform Feasibility and impact Analysis on the products to be launched in the market by customer.
- Support Contract Management for Reconciliation, KPI & other matters.
- Support FNI and feature testing as required
- Support LCM for Transmission domain in the OPCO
- Work with the central design, optimization and program management teams in matters of BoQ review, KPI Review and Governance
- Ensure optimum performance of the newly integrated links and expansions via the set acceptance process
What you will bring :
- Education: Academic degree, minimum on bachelor level, in engineering (IT, Telecom)
- 6+ years’ experience of deploy system test and lead testing team.
- If you have ISEB/ISTQB software testing qualifications that would be an advantage
- Knowledge of local OHS statutory regulations and group OHS requirements
- Good Communication skills
- Good Consultative skills
- Good Report writing skills
- Good Presentation skill
How To Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.