Job PurposeThe Head of Channels will support the business to achieve its goals and objectives by using effective practices to support, maintain the channels infrastructure and applications to allow the business to achieve strategic objectives and deliver to customers the required channel services. Responsible for managing the support, developing and implementation of applications and infrastructure that support the customer facing channels (Mobile Apps, Internet banking, ATMs, POS) and the organizations overall strategic direction. Oversees resources allocated to the manager to ensure the division achieves the above objectives. Responsible for resource allocation, including budget and personnel and remains informed on new channel technologies to enable the business to be competitive and deliver new solutions to the business and customers. Works under IT Director.
- Manage information technology and computer systems related to the channels.
- Manage support, planning, organization, control of IT channels, electronic data and unit operations.
- Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance.
- Coordinate department systems, policies and procedures relating to channels operations.
- Ensure security of data within the channel’s enablement department is abided to.
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time.
- Oversee implementation of software and security recommendations or effect policies as provided by security and audit departments.
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures.
- Handle annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness.
- Contributes to the formulation of the organization strategy and ensures that all Bank policies and procedures are abided to by all staff under the manager.
- Drive a culture of safety, inclusiveness, productivity and engagement through an internal mentoring program.
- Successfully execute the design, planning and implementation of company IT projects that promote business needs.
- Support and encourage opportunities to improve talent management as well as build a solid talent pipeline to provide effective succession and support workforce planning to ensure the business has the right people, in the right place, at the right time.
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or related qualification or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar function or more years 10 years in Enterprise IT financial transaction managerial function.
- Proven ability to analyse complex business issues and identify, design and implement effective practical recommendations.
- Experienced in project management and running multiple projects.
- Proficient in IT payment systems management and support.
- In-depth knowledge of IT related practices, principles and regulations.
- Able to operate in a performance driven organization.
- Knowledge of financial transaction switch, internet and mobile support and implementation.
- Excellent understanding of major payment networks
- Excellent understanding of various payment systems messages.
- Excellent understanding of payment systems security modules.
- Excellent understanding of various channels and devices.
- Excellent understanding of financial transactions and their systems.
- Excellent understanding of transaction security and standards.
Key Critical Competencies
- Excellent business transaction awareness
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- High personal standards and goal oriented
- Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing
- Strong coaching skills
- Understanding of Business and IT requirements
- Good evaluation skills
- Good Enterprise IT skills
- Confidence in decision-making
- Good leadership skills
- An ability to work and meet tight deadlines and within constraints
- Demonstrate sound business and technical judgement, communication skills and talented development capabilities.
- Expert knowledge and exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness.
- Able to leads the development of highly advanced technologies, principles, theories and concepts in enablement channels.
- Guides the transfer of knowledge within the team.
How to Apply
Apply for the job here