System Tester Job, Current IT Jobs Kenya, Banking Jobs In Kenya 2021,
The role holder will be responsible to act as a subject matter expect for Software testing standards, processes, methodology and tools in areas of mobile or core banking systems or system integrations. System Test Analyst will oversee and perform manual testing on all applications from the earliest opportunity and with precision before any application is deployed to production. The system test analyst will be responsible for software quality assessment including responsible for test planning, test analysis and design, test execution, test reporting and evaluation of exit criteria.
Strategy, Planning & Execution
- Required to take responsibility to ensure all solutions delivered meet the highest quality standards by leading test activities: Test Planning, Test analysis and design, test execution, test reporting, Test exit criteria evaluation and test closure activities.
- Participate in test entry readiness reviews and test exit reviews to ensure test acceptance criteria compliance.
- Evaluate and tests new or modified software programs and software development procedures used to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conform to established guidelines.
- Design and develop tools for test management, execution and reporting to enhance the overall software testing process.
- Write, revise, and verify quality standards and test procedures for program design, product evaluation and quality assurance.
- Adapts to new Testing tools and application lifecycle management software that the bank implements.
- Monitor changes to scope during the development cycle and re-evaluate plans and resource accordingly.
- Participate in developing, documenting, and implementation of applicable test processes and procedures to provide more effective quality methods within the group in support of providing quality products.
- Involved in the planning, monitoring, and control of the testing activities and tasks.
- Participate in the project planning phase to estimate expected efforts related to test activities.
- Assist the Test Manager in creation of comprehensive test plans and schedules that are constantly updated throughout the development process.
- Liaise with the Test Environment Specialist to ensure key infrastructure (environments, interfaces & access) is set-up to enable all required testing activities.
- Build test scripts from various sources including functional specifications, technical specifications and sessions with developers and designers.
- Create, maintain and manage test related documentation and templates.
- Manage the UAT process by supporting clients to establish key scenarios to test their business processes.
- Manage expectations of when testing activities will be completed while mitigating risks to key milestones.
- Monitor defects raised by the team and challenge their prioritization supporting to resolution.
- Provide the Test Manager and project stakeholders with accurate and precise time estimation for assigned task, along with confidence levels and foreseeable dependencies.
- ISTQB qualification in Software Testing to practitioner level or equivalent qualifications or with a minimum of 1-year experience in software testing field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Related field
- Proven ability to analyze complex business issues and identify, design and implement effective practical recommendations.
- Able to operate in a performance driven organization.
- Banking Experience (Preferred)
- Must be able and willing to collaborate in a team/cooperative environment as well as exercise independent judgment and initiative.
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Is extremely logical, detail oriented with a keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work-load and meet multiple project deadlines.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures.
- Structured thinker, effective communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Apply for the job here
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.