Site Reliability Engineer Job, IT Jobs Kenya 2022,
- As Systems Site Reliability Engineer, you will be involved in exciting technical challenges by analyzing, troubleshooting, and designing vital services, platforms, and infrastructure while always thinking about reliability, scalability, resilience, security, and performance.
- Reporting to the SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) Lead, you will be a part of the team responsible for helping to support 24×7 uptime and availability of production mission-critical services within the Bank. You will help to create more consistent, automated environments across all applications or services, proactively test and tune all aspects of the platforms, streamline CI/CD processes, monitor, and respond to system notifications and alerts and continually work to optimize and improve the performance, security, and reliability of our systems.
- Run the production environment by monitoring availability, stability and resilience and taking a holistic view of system / service health.
- Perform data centric performance measurements in line with agreed service level objectives
- Build software to automate and improve management of platform infrastructure and applications
- Proactively improve reliability, resilience, and runtime stability of our applications services
- Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve.
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large software applications
- Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding
- Collaborate with Dev teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures
- Participate in architecture design, platform management, and capacity planning exercises.
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplift