Project Manager Job, Banking Jobs February,
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to over 12 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa.
Currently, the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below within the IT Department.
Reporting to the General Manager – Strategic Program Management Office, key duties and responsibilities for ideal candidate will include;
- Managing co-ordination of the partners and working groups engaged in project work
- Developing and maintaining a detailed project plan.
- Managing project deliverables in line with the project plan.
- Recording and managing project issues and escalating where necessary.
- Resolving cross-functional issues at project level.
- Managing project scope and change control and escalating issues where necessary.
- Monitoring project progress and performance.
- Providing status reports to the project sponsor.
- Managing project training within the defined budget.
- Liaison with, and updates progress to, project steering board/senior management.
- Managing project evaluation and dissemination activities.
- Working closely with users to ensure the project meets business needs.
- Definition and management of the User Acceptance Testing programme.
- Identifying user training needs and devising and managing user training programmes.
- Direct the coordination of all implementation tasks involving third party vendors
- Coach, mentor and lead personnel within a technical team environment.
- Provide present periodic Dashboard reports on the current program, future opportunities and any outstanding risks and issues
- Driving the project acceptance from the various internal customers
- Advising the management and the projects team on issues of project governance.
- An undergraduate degree in a business/ICT/Project Management or any other related field.
- Project Management professional qualifications in PMP/PRINCE2 or similar qualifications.
An MBA/business related Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Strong consultative, analytical and problem solving skills with the proven ability to manage large projects.
- Strong management skills with the ability to influence othersExcellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage teams; identify and secure needed resources; escalate conflicting priorities; influence team members and business leaders to successfully execute
- Ability to negotiate agreements and/or reach consensus with all levels and positions within the organization
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated competencies in championing customer focus.
Core value behaviors – performance drivers
- Confident (Self Mastery). Describes people who are self-assured, in control, Bold, and deliver to the highest standards of expectations with ease while exhibiting the sort of presence that builds confidence in others.
- Comfortable (Connecting with people). Describes people who are cool and resilient under pressure, honest in every dealing, open to constructive criticism, can be relied on to deliver.
- Elegant (Effortless delivery). Describes people who demonstrate effortless simplicity and are able to do mundane things with grace and flair. They connect easily with different audiences, exhibit finesse in all interactions and have a high sense of values that they uphold at every turn.
- Prestige (Pride and ownership of our work). Describes people who believe in themselves, are respected and treat others with respect and occupy a significant place in people’s minds.
How to App
If you meet the above requirements, please submit your application online.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.