IT Technical Support Job, Current Kenyan IT Jobs 2021,
Finacle Core Banking
The Core bank manager will work with Core banking technical lead to oversee the critical functionalities of Core banking operation of Finacle Infrastructure, Application and Testing support, Planning, implementing equipment and services and ensure delivery of high quality and effective service that ensure effective Core banking system and service delivery proceses are in place to support and meet the business needs. The position ensures the core banking system’s are processes are developed, deployed and managed according to highest standard, establishment and management of business expectations and ensures contribution is driven to deliver high standard quality service that meets these business requirements. Constantly ensure continuous improvement of core banking services in line with changing business environment, risks identified, analysed and eliminated or mitigated. The role also ensure and guarantees service availability of 99.99%. Accountable for the delivery of optimal Service and performance of core banking application.
Job/Role Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- System uptime & Availability :
- Ensure Finacle service availability of 99.99%.
- Ensure Finacle system fully redundant
- Ensure Business continuity planning and management for Finacle
- In charge of monitoring, control and support service deliver ensuring strict adheance to established procedure for Finacle services.
- Finacle Operations maintenance and Improvements :
- Administer and monitor daily and monthly Finacle supporting operating systems.
- Prepare reports and ensure optimal performance and maintain Finacle records of service level agreements for customers.
- Design, implement and ensure efficient maintenance and compliance to all disaster recovery plans.
- Perform appropriate tests and provide training to upgrade product quality and standardize all artifacts.
- Assist technical staff to check and ensure resolution of all Finacle issues to achieve all objectives.
- Administer all spheres of OC physical planning, provide security and backup for recovering Finacle systems.
- Design and maintain all IT processes according to operation policies through standardization of methods.
- Maintain and prepare all paperwork for various activities and provide performance backup to retrieve and retain data in case of emergency.
- Administer, provide and manage upgrade to systems and escalate issues.
- Participate in designs and evaluation of all balancing functions as required by IT departments and other functional areas.
- Prepare and review all Service Level and Operation Metrics and KPI scorecards for Finacel services.
- Analyze all continuous up gradation process through various proactive self- initiated projects and ensure efficiency of Finacle.
- Continuous review of Processes and procedures to ensure they are adequate, functional and conform to ISO Standards and to current and new business rules.
- Identify new opportunities for system improvements, documentation of the same and final delivery
- Identify & implement local changes for process improvement, in liaison with internal stakeholders from technical and other departments.
- Deployment and management of Finacle patches
- Impact assessment of process gaps and identify improvement measure
- Issues, Incident & Problem management:
- Work with Incident Management teams and Proactive communication to Management Team on Finacle issue progres and ressolution.
- Ensure SLA of 100% on all Service Requests.
- Effiviently and effectively work with the external and internal technical teams to ensure efficient resolution of all system issues and incidents.
- Issues with existing functionality analysed, reported to support and development team and managed to resolution through laid down processes and procedures
- Develop controls to mitigate the risks when delivery of fix is not visible.
- Communicate clearly escalation process and matrics to the stake holders.
- Crisis Management team (CMT):
- Participate in managing crisis activities
- Change Management :
- Work closely with development, enterprise architecture team, projects and IT operations teams for acceptance testing – Ensure new systems & products meet set business performance and operational standards.
- Supporting end to end tests for all Finacle Integration, customization(new)/enhanced functionality in development stage prior to implementation and post launch implementation reviews to ensure set business and operational standards are met
- Provide Finacle Support to Customer Care, Operations, Finance and other internal Sections on functionality issues.
- Leading and supporting Finacle change management and Proactive communication to Management Team till change is completed.
- Actively participate in all go-to-market phase during product launch & changes to identify any risk to business.
- Represent the team in technical/functional meetings with 3rd party and ensure the 3rd party integration to systems meets Equity group standards;
- Define requirements for implementation to meet specific IT operations needs and liaises with the vendors team to ensure correct implementation;
- Follow up the approval of any system changes in liaison with all stake holders and ensure communication to both Executive and stakeholder
- Demand Forecast and planning:
- Analyse system capacity and performance trends and identify areas of improvement to minimize business risks
- Give inputs in the forecast /budget reviews
- Deliver agreed margin improvement targets and decipher a plan against meeting and monitoring the target outcome
- Oversee core platform issues to ensure input for capacity planning responses’ are within SLA
- Develop controls and monitor them to minimize the business risks.
- Champion continuous improvement of the Finacle together with IT/Tech and all other teams.
- People management
- May Lead and Finacle support in training & Knowledge transfer to IT team
- Manage and grow talent within the department.
- Provide Finacle weekly performance report for management
- Delivery & reporting of all KPI’s to the immediate manager
- Finacle 10 and above architecture, installations, patch management, maintenance and support in a multi-entity environment
- Good understanding of Finacle CRM and Core customization
- Technical Excellent understanding of customer Service and experience delivery in ICT services.
- Experienced Service Management professional
- ITIL Qualified and an expert knowledge of ITIL disciplines
- Proven experience in leading a highly effective core banking service delivery team
- Previous experience in a large, busy diverse bank using Finacle
Key Critical Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing
- Excellent systems troubleshooting skills
- Excellent teamwork skills with strong excellent organizational skills
- Ability demonstrate a high degree of flexibility including shift and out of hours working
- Excellent leadership and people management skills with willingness to mentor junior staff
- Excellent customer facing/customer service skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to manage and prioritise and tasks and time efficiently and demonstrate proactive approach to daily tasks.
- University degree in Information technology or equivalent from a recognized university
- Relevant qualifications in customer experience/ service delivery
- ITIL Qualifications
- Minimum five years’ experience as a senior manager in a busy IT service delivery environment.
- Proven ability to plan, implement and support Finacle end to end
- Highly effective and innovative in ways of improving customer experience
How To Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.