Equipment & Rolling Stock Manager Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Jobs in Nairobi, Kenya Railways Corporation Jobs
The Equipment and Rolling stock Manager will report to the General Manager, Business and Operations
- In-charge of Monitoring and tracking all Equipment and Rolling Stock on a daily basis by job site, type and use.
- Responsible for securing all needed Equipment and Rolling Stock in the company or corporation.
- Responsible for making sure that all the Equipment and Rolling Stock are in good condition and is always functional.
- Coordinates, supervises and validates all Equipment and Rolling Stock repairs and maintenance with mechanics;
- Generates purchase orders for repairs or required maintenance for all Equipment and Rolling Stock.
- Prepares periodic and other budget reports for management outlining fixed and controllable Equipment and Rolling Stock costs.
- Inspects all Equipment and Rolling Stock on a regular basis to comply with company safety policies, and to ensure their functionality.
- Coordinates with suppliers/manufactures for training sessions for use of new Equipment and Rolling Stock with the equipment operators/staff as needed.
- Prepares and maintains Equipment and Rolling Stock inventory and assures that these are available.
- Coordinates updating all registration and current insurance for all Equipment and Rolling Stock in line with applicable regulations and laws.
- In-charge of storage place for all of the Equipment and Rolling Stock.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical/Mechanical /Telecommunication Engineering/Business administration, project management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience with three (3) as a senior manager from a public institution or private sector
- Registered with the Engineers Board of Kenya as a professional Engineer;
- Current membership to the Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK);
- Valid Practicing Licence from the Engineers Board of Kenya;
- Certificate in Management/Leadership skills;
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Meets provisions of chapter Six of the Constitution
Terms of Offer
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the Kenya Railways application form (KR/HRA/KEA/FM08), attach their testimonials, certificates and National Identification Card (ID) and Curriculum Vitae (CV).
In compliance with the Chapter Six of the Constitution, attach the following clearance Certificates:
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications to be addressed to the:
Kenya Railways Corporation
P.O. Box 30121, 00100,
To be received by Friday, 31st May, 2019.
Note: Only the short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Kenya Railways is an equal opportunity Employer
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.