Manager, Technical Services Job, Latest Engineering Jobd In Kenya,
To oversee engineering and property sections and maintenance works to ensure that all jobs are completed on time, within budget and user specifications.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
- Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- a) To oversee the implementation of EPZA projects and ensure that all projects are undertaken as per the acceptable industry standards;
- b) Oversee and monitor project implementation through to commissioning; c) Undertake capacity building with other relevant institutions;
- d) Carrying out preliminary cost estimates for projects to be implemented;
- e) Coordinate preparation of technical design reports, auditing and inspection of materials; f) Develop work plans and budgets for the Technical Services Department for approval; g) Oversee the execution of the approved department’s work plans and budgets; h) Oversee performance management in the department;
- i) Coordinate preparation and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the department; j) Identify training needs for the department staff;
- k) Participate in workforce planning and recruitment of staff within the department; l) Identify procurement needs of the department; m) Mentor and coach departmental staff; and
- n) Participate in various committees in the institution.
- Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Supervising technical operations as performed by engineers, architects, property officers and technicians to ensure Authority’s and client expectations are met;
- Develop policies and strategies effective for the timely resolution of critical technical or procedural issues;
- Ensure work operations conform to acceptable standards of quality service;
- Manage and maintain proper records of technical and procedural operations;
- Ensure availability of operational/efficient work units and resources, and also oversee the maintenance of security against vandals and accidental damage;
- Ensure compliance with health and safety policies and procedures;
- Conduct inspections to identify equipment, facilities, or systems, which require repairs or replacement;
- Supervise and coordinate technical staff operations to ensure proper resolution of company/client problems;
- Provide hands on training to technical staff to ensure a competent and effective workforce;
- Liaise with managers and other departmental heads to develop tactical plans for the delivery of professional services;
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the performance of work operations
- Ensure availability of work tools, machine, and other necessary equipment required for the performance of job duties;
- Conduct periodic inspections to ensure the efficient performance of work equipment and systems;
- Prepare cost estimates required for operations, labor, and materials
- Coordinate and assign duties to technical personnel according to their capabilities and ensure an even distribution of workload;
- Present reports of work operations to management in order to provide information useful in making key business decisions.
- Ensure optimal revenue collection and accountability of sales
- Establish contacts with and other stakeholders to acquire new business and retain existing clientele
- Financial Responsibility:
- Development of budgets for technical department.
- Develop and monitor procurement of technical related inventory.
- Recommend expenses for approval.
- Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the EPZA
- Provide oversight for all the Departmental physical assets
- Decision Making:
- Make strategic, operational and financial decisions
- Plan the work of subordinates.
- Appraise/evaluate surbordinates performance.
- Working conditions:
Works predominantly within the office.
Field work when monitoring infrastructure development
- Masters’s degree in Engineering, Regional and Urban Planning Project Management, Strategic Management or any other relevant field; and
- Bachelors degree in Civil Architecture/Quantity Surveying, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from a recognized Institution.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Have attended a Leadership Course lasting not less than 4 weeks;
- Registered and practicing as an Engineer in Kenya/Architect, Quantity Surveyor;
- Certificate in Computer Proficiency; and
- Meets the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Previous relevant work experience required.
Have nine (9) years of relevant experience with atleast three (3) years experience in the position of Assistant Manager Engineering or Assistant Manager, Property or equivalent position in the Public Service or reputable organization.
How to Apply
Candidates who had applied for the above-stated positions are encouraged to apply. Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence using the Job Application Form and clearly indicate the Job Reference Number on the Job Application Form. The form can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Candidates should attach a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and national identity card and indicate the job title and reference number on the envelope. Applications should be submitted physically through the Office of the Chief Executive Officer and addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer,
Export Processing Zones Authority,
Administration Building, Viwanda Road, Off Nairobi-Namanga Road, Athi River,
P.O Box 50563-00200, NAIROBI.
All applications should be received no later than Monday, 13th June 2022 at 5.00 p.m. East Africa Time.
Click here for detailed job descriptions.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.