Legal Assistant Job, Latest Legal Jobs In Kenya,
LEGAL ASSISTANT (1 POSITION) EPRA JOB GRADE 8 (PERMANENT & PENSIONABLE)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct necessary land, court file and company searches in different registries;
- Ensure the court document and other forms have the correct numbering;
- Organize the court pleading and other court documents;
- Manage bring ups on all legal matters;
- Attend Courts registries for purposes of extracting Court orders or such other directives;
- Reference and facilitate stamping of court pleadings and supporting documents;
- Deliver documents to law firms and to other third-party recipients as needed;
- Create copies and reproductions of records and legal documentations;
- Attend Court to peruse the files for purposes of noting the status of the court matter;
- Communicate with the external advocates and other third parties on earlier correspondences initiated by the advocates;
- File pleadings and other documents in court in when required;
- Access the court listings and share such schedules within the Directorate;
- Effect service and delivery of requisite documents on court matters;
- Conduct basic legal enquiries for the advocates as directed;
- Make inquiries from the Court regarding judicial procedures, court appearances, trial dates, adjournments, warrants, summonses, witness fees, and payment of fines;
- Prepare and mark all applicable court exhibits and evidence;
- Attend court to facilitate holding brief for the Authority’s advocate when required and record the court proceedings; and
- Provide general clerical services to the advocates in the Directorate or other staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Diploma in Legal Studies;
- Must have wide knowledge of different registries e.g. Commercial, Conveyancing, Civil and Litigation;
- Proficiency in English;
- Familiarity with law, legal procedures and protocols, and court system;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Licensed Process Server is an added advantage;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Fulfilled requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
Mandatory Requirements for all Positions
Applicants MUST provide the following documents on application:
- A Signed application letter;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, level of education and names of at least three professional referees, two of which must be working in the current organization;
- Copies of academic and professional certificates;
- Copy of Birth Certificate; and
- Copy of National Identification Card.
Interested and qualified individuals are required to submit their applications through email [email protected] not later than 5.00 p.m. on 31st July 2022, addressed to the undersigned:
The Director General,
Energy & Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA),
P.O Box 42681 – 00100,
EPRA is an equal opportunity employer. Youth, female candidates, Persons with Disability (PWD) and marginalized are strongly encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to avail original and copy of application letter, Curriculum Vitae; certified copies of the relevant academic and professional certificates; national identity card; birth certificate and valid clearance certificates from KRA; HELB; EACC; Credit Reference Bureau and Kenya Police as per chapter six of the Constitution during the interview.