Senior Lecturer, Environment and Natural Resource Management Job at Nazarene University
- A PhD or equivalent degree qualification in Environment and Natural Resource Management (or Master’s degree qualification in special cases) from a recognized/accredited university;
- At least three (3) years of teaching experience at the university level as a Lecturer or six (6) years research/industry experience;
- A minimum of thirty two (32) publication points as a Lecturer or equivalent, of which at least twenty four (24) should be from refereed scholarly journals;
- Supervised at least three (3) postgraduate students to completion as a Lecturer or equivalent;
- Registered with the relevant professional body.
- Demonstrated classroom skills as evidenced by student evaluation and peer reviews by moderators
- Demonstrated evidence of success in some major non-teaching responsibilities at the University or other reputable organization will be an added advantage.
NB: Refer to the table below on Research and Publication.
The maximum points that may be awarded for one item for each category are shown as follows:
- Distribution of Weighted Publication Points
- No. Type of Publication and other Scholarly Output Maximum Points
- One University Level Scholarly Book
- Patented Invention or Innovation
- One Article in a Refereed Journal
- One Tertiary Level Scholarly Book
- Book Chapter in a University Level Scholarly Book
- Refereed Learning Modules
- One Reviewed Conference Paper
- One Secondary School Level Textbook
- Short Communication in a Refereed/Scholarly Journal
- Consultancy and Project Reports
- Refereed Exhibitions and Performances
- One Non-Reviewed Conference Paper
- Any other Book 2 points
- Editorship of a Book or Conference Proceedings
- Scholarly Presentations at Conferences/Workshops/Seminars
- Book Review Published in Refereed Journals
How To Apply
Applications giving full details of age, marital status, education and professional qualifications, experience, current post, salary and other financial benefits, copies of certificates, curriculum vitae, transcripts, the names and addresses of three referees (one of whom should be present or previous employer) should be addressed to:-
Africa Nazarene University
P.O. Box 53067 – 00200
Applications should reach the office not later than 31st May, 2017. Applications could also be dropped at the Nairobi, CBD Campus – Aghro House building, Moi Avenue. Note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.