Chief Executive Officer-Hospital Job, Latest Administraton Jobs In Kenya,
Chief Executive Officer-Hospital (Nairobi)
Our client a Private Hospital in Nairobi is seeking to recruit a visionary leader with administrative capability and competencies as a Chief Executive Officer.
The CEO will guide and direct the operations for excellence and sustainability while meeting the set out objectives as he serves the Board of Governors, stake-holders and consumers of the services of the Hospital. The CEO will report to the Board of Directors.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure prudent management of resources for the achievement of the hospital’s mandate and strategic Objectives.
- In charge of licensing status of the hospital.
- Responsible for the reporting and public health regulations within the hospital.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with and regular reviews of all agreements made with corporate institutions and clients at the hospital.
- Responsible for appropriate risk management and control processes and protocols at the Hospital.
- Ensure a fiscal and budgetary calendar is adhered to, using the calendar year.
- Provide leadership in all matters relating to operations of the Hospital and implementation of its programmes and activities.
- Lead the Hospital in accordance with the Hospitals vision and mission.
- Take overall responsibility for ensuring that the Hospital delivers quality healthcare in a cost-effective manner and that appropriate measures for patient safety and satisfaction are in place.
- To promote a culture of compliance with regulations, statutory requirements, good corporate governance principles and best practices in the hospital.
- Lead the strategic planning process and implement plans as approved by the Board.
- The CEO will ensure that the Hospital operates in a fiscally responsible manner, including adhering to accounting policies and procedures, and generally accepted accounting standards.
- Ensure that insurance coverage is in place to adequately protect assets, indemnify liabilities and provide for reasonable risk management.
- The CEO is responsible for the overall wellbeing of the staff as well as providing a safe and secure working environment for all staff
- He will take overall authority and responsibility for all human resource-related matters.
- The CEO will be required to monitor and improve the overall performance of staff.
- Ensure that the assets and the records of the Hospital are safeguarded as per the Hospitals policy.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Board.
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters Degree in any of the following areas Business Administration, Health Care Management, Health Administration, or related areas
- Bachelors Degree in Health, Medical / Clinical Studies, or other related field from a recognized University
- At least 10 years relevant experience with 5 years in Senior Management position in a Hospital setting.
- Proven track record of strong character and performance
Competencies and Skills
- Policy and strategic implementation
- Good leadership and management skills
- High standards of professional ethics
- Knowledge of Procurement processes
- Proven knowledge &experience in people management and empowerment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Good knowledge of Hospital Information Management Systems will be an added advantage
- Conflict resolution skills
- High Degree in Integrity.
- Public relations and stakeholder engagement skills
The ideal candidate should have valid
- Education Testimonials
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Tax Compliance Certificate
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Clearance from former employer where applicable.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their detailed CV and Cover Letter quoting the job title (Chief Executive Officer) to reach us not later than 22nd July 2022 to
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.