Electrician Technician Jobs, Engineering Jobs In Kenya, Uplands Premium Dairies Jobs
Position: Electrician Technician
Location: Kagwe, Kiambu
Nature of Job: Full Time
Uplands Premium Dairies and Foods Limited is a fast growing FMCG company based in Kiambu, Kenya. We process High quality dairy products available throughout the country. The company currently processes several popular Premium brands flagship “Pascha”
We seek to recruit an Electrical Technician.
You will be responsible for electrical maintenance of the Plant and you will be expected to be able to troubleshoot electrical defiance on various equipment and machinery.
In your role, you are to comply with all safety regulations, while working closely with the Production Manager.
- Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment and fixtures.
- Timely carry out Autonomous maintenance (AM) and Planned Maintenance (PM) in order to minimize downtime.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Respond to Electrical breakdowns and resolve them immediately – electrical.
- Ensure that the working environment is safe in relation to electrical installations and good housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Ensure proper utilization of available spares and keep record of used spares after appropriate services/repairs.
- Ensure work professionalism is adhered to and familiarize with existing production operation procedures.
- To ensure proper description, specification and quantity of machinery spares are forwarded to the store keeper for requisition as well as properly utilize available spares.
- Adherence at all times to all applicable department and professional standards.
- Hands on maintenance of machinery – electrical.
- Record all maintenance data – electrical related.
- Test and implement equipment improvements.
- Diploma in Electrical or Electronic Engineering from a recognized institution of tertiary education.
- Minimum 3 year’s practical experience as an electrical maintenance technician in a busy manufacturing company.
- Experience in Tetra Pak packaging machines, boilers, chillers, and air compressors will be an added advantage.
- Ability to understand and interpret plc basic ladder programs.
- Proficiency in trouble-shooting, repair and servicing electrical installations.
- Able to understand and interpret electrical plan and drawings.
- Computer proficiency.
- Ability to work independently and exhibit right leadership.
- Ability to plan, prioritize workload in order to meet required deadlines
- The candidate must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, demonstrate high integrity and professional ethics and make decisions on the role in a prudent manner.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with people at all levels and who represent a variety of diverse backgrounds
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV to [email protected] by Friday 21st February 2020; only successful candidates will be contacted
MUST READ >>> Questions To Ask In An Interview
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.