MRM Mariakani is seeking to hire a qualified Electrical Technician. The candidate must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, demonstrate high intergrity and professional ethics and make decisions on the role in a prudent manner. This position reports to the Electrical Engineer.
- Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment and fixtures.
- Timely carry out Autonomous maintenance (AM) and Planned Maintenance (PM) in order to minimize downtime.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Ensure timely attendance to all electrical breakdowns.
- Ensure that the working environment is safe in relation to electrical installations and good housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Ensure proper utilization of available spares and keep record of used spares after appropriate services/repairs.
- Ensure work professionalism is adhered to and familiarize with existing production operation procedures.
- To ensure proper description, specification and quantity of machinery spares are forwarded to the store keeper for requisition as well as properly utilize available spares.
- Adherence at all times to all applicable department and professional standards.
- Diploma in Electrical or Electronic Engineering from a recognized institution of tertiary education.
- Minimum 3 year’s practical experience as an electrical maintenance technician in a busy manufacturing company.
- Proficiency in trouble-shooting, repair and servicing electrical installations.
- Able to understand and interpret electrical plan and drawings.
- Computer proficiency.
- Ability to understand and interpret plc basic ladder programs.
- Ability to work independently and exhibit right leadership.
- Ability to plan, prioritize workload in order to meet required deadlines.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified and eligible applicants should submit a comprehensive CV, together with a covering letter supporting the application to [email protected] not later than 10th February, 2019. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.