Electrical Technician Job, Engineering Jobs November,
JOB TITLE ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN
INDUSTRY FOOD PROCESSING COMPANY
NATURE OF JOB FULL TIME
SALARY KSHs- 55,000.00
JOB LOCATION THIKA
Our client, a food processing company with a processing plant in Thika is looking to hire an Electrical Technician. The role aims to ensure efficient and safe food processing activities through implementation of safe electrical engineering procedures such as preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, facility maintenance etc. The main goal is to ensure safe production of food by observing maintenance and personal hygiene, GMP, Audit standards and requirements, statutory regulations, applicable laws and regulations specific to engineering trade etc. all targeting safe food production. The position aims to assist various departments achieve targets specific to each.
- Ensures all maintenance tasks are executed using the appropriate safety standards and are compliant with policies, regulations and SOP’s e.g. GMP, tools reconciliation, health and safety, etc.
- Ensure that Maintenance Department targets are being met such as minimum down time and breakdowns, maximum uptime, zero reworks, etc.
- Ensure that preventive maintenance is executed and documented as scheduled and report of any tasks that may need to be reviewed on the schedule.
- Ensure corrective actions are “done right the first time” to avoid unnecessary breakdowns, resource wastage, reworks etc.
- Conducting root cause analyses to identify machinery issues and diagnostic support
- Maintain an understanding of the principles of GMP, food safety policies, food safety standards, etc. as applied to plant and equipment
- Implement preventive maintenance as per the schedule in place and adapt to any changes as required.
- Ensure maximum machine efficiencies are attained through on the run check and adjustments are required by the process demands at that time.
- Attend to work request promptly as required or as assigned.
- Participate in projects involving installations, overhauls, modifications, extensions etc.
- Any other duties as reasonably assigned from time to time.
- Minimum Diploma in Electrical Engineering/ Electronics Engineering/Instrumentation and control engineering or Mechatronics Engineering from a recognized Institution
- 3 years’ experience in busy manufacturing/Processing plant
- Certificate in Computer studies
- Experience in process automation will be an added advantage
- Training in Programmable logic controls (plc), Variable speed drives (VFD), Human Machine Interface (HMI) etc will be an added advantage
- Procession of a driving license will be an added advantage
- Safety of machinery and equipment in the plant
- Labour productivity i.e. executing work in a manner that is productive, efficient cost effective etc.
- Spares management – by ensuring all critical spares are ordered
- Quality control – good workmanship to avoid reworks, safety incidents etc.
- Tools and other properties management i.e. ensure working tools and properties handed over are maintained and taken care of
- Team player, action oriented, very flexible, self-driven attention to details
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, skills and experience send CV to email@example.com
Interviews will be carried out on a rolling basis until the position is filled
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.