Electrical Engineer Jobs, Engineer Jobs, Jobs in Nairobi, Solar Energy Jobs, Reeds Africa Consult Jobs
Our client a Kenyan based renewable energy services firm is looking to hire an Electrical Engineer (Solar PV).
Provide electrical engineering services in a lead role for solar photovoltaic based, transmission and distribution projects.
This position will serve as both sales and engineering manager to support green Power Industry Products. Key application areas will include transmission and distribution (T&D) and solar photovoltaic (PV).
- Contribute to proposals and projects for due diligence, new technology evaluation, component and system modelling, project proposal evaluation, conceptual design, detailed design, design review, and strategic planning.
- Assist with solar PV design optimization for cost reduction and performance improvement.
- Provide expert consultation on solar PV electrical infrastructure, such as inverters, transformers, trackers, racking, modules, combiner boxes, grounding, switchgear, and SCADA.
- Assist with solar PV conceptual and detailed design, procurement specification, design review, and potentially construction oversight.
- Guide clients through the T&D interconnection processes including identification of potential sites, preparation of applications, assistance with studies, and implementation support through design and construction activities.
- Lead analysis of T&D systems to develop estimates of available capability, identify constraints and identify requirements to mitigate constraints.
- Lead renewable integration assessments and studies to identify impacts of renewable generation additions to T&D systems including assessment of utility/ISO operations requirements and impacts.
- Coordinate power system studies work including system power flow, component modelling, short circuit, overcurrent protective device coordination, dynamic analyses and generation interconnection studies using a variety of computer programs including PSS/E, ETAP, MUST, PSLF, Power World and ASPEN
- Support strategic planning services related to analysis and policies for interconnection, integration, and long-term planning.
- Contribute to business development with key clients including identification of key drivers, scoping, proposal development, and relationship management
- Management of junior staff including supervision, career development, mentoring, recognition, and any corrective actions required.
- Proven experience with solar energy projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both Thai and English.
- Experience and interest in all renewable energy technologies is
- Be able to function equally well in collaborative as well as self-directed independent assignments.
How to Apply
All applications should be done on or before close of business 20th June, 2019 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.