Editor Assistant Internships at Afrikan Mbiu
Afrikan Mbiu is a lifestyle online media company in Nairobi, Kenya.
Responsibilities for the Editor Assistant Internships
- Supporting editor in all activities
- proofing, editing and writing online content including via social media;
- uploading text and images to a website using a content management system;
- compiling newsletters using web design software and distributing newsletters using specific software.
- The intern will be working from home from time to time therefore having a laptop will be added advantage
- Updating social media channels with tending stories across Kenya and Africa
Editor Assistant Internships Requirements
- Have studied or is studying a media related courses in a respectable university
- Enthusiasm, interpersonal skills, self-motivation and flexibility;
- IT, administrative and secretarial skills, including word processing and research skills;
- a high standard of written and spoken English;
- Attention to detail, together with the ability to proofread;
- The ability to stay calm under pressure, work well with others and show initiative;
- Creativity, and in some cases digital-editing skills. You may also need knowledge and experience of social media platforms such as Twitter;
- Time management skills, including the ability to keep to tight deadlines.
How to Apply
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as Editor Assistant Internship.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 14 July 2017
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.