Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 40,301 – Kshs. 69,330 p.m.
DPP 9 (JG ‘L’)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
House Allowance: Kshs.28,000(Nairobi), Kshs.22,000 (Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru, Nyeri, Eldoret, Thika, Kisii, Kitale, Malindi), Kshs. 16,500 (Other Former Municipalities), Kshs.13,000 (Other Areas)
Commuter Allowance: Kshs. 6,000 p.m
Leave Allowance: Kshs. 6,000 p.a.
Medical Insurance Cover: As covered by the Medical Insurance Cover for ODPP staff
Group Life Insurance Cover: As covered by Group Life Insurance for ODPP staff
Car loan: Up to Kshs. 1.5 Million
Mortgage Scheme: Up to Kshs. 10 Million
- Served in the grade of Economist II/Statistician II or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public
- Service or Private Sector for a minimum period of Two (2) years;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics or Economics and Mathematics, or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated professional ability, initiative and competence in organizing, directing and executing work at this level; and
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Knowledge of budgeting process;
- Research skills;
- ICT skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Organizational and administrative skills.
- Supervisory skills; and
- Problem solving skills.
- Honesty and integrity;
- Creativity and Innovativeness;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to build and lead cohesive teams;
- Results oriented; and
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Senior Economist 11 Job Group ‘K’ for the assigned planning and monitoring function.
- Conducting economic analysis on ODPP to determine the financial capability of the institution, in order to advise on the resources required for the implementation of the ODPP strategy;
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual work plans to ensure efficiency in the implementation of the division strategy;
- Consolidating the ODPP development plans and forward to the Senior Economist for review, to ensure the plans capture the strategic objectives of ODPP in the delivery of service;
- Reviewing development policies and strategies prepared by Economist II to ensure alignment with the ODPP overall strategic objectives;
- Conducting statistical data analysis to ensure the data enhances the quality of decisions made at ODPP in the delivery of public prosecution services;
- Providing input into the development of the divisional budget, and ensure the allocation of sufficient resources necessary for the implementation of the divisional strategy, to ensure the strategy is implemented in a timely manner and within the set quality standards;
- Participating in the institutional performance management process, to ensure all operations at ODPP are directed towards the achievement of the ODPP overall objectives on service delivery;
- Monitor the implementation of the ODPP strategic plan, to ensure delivery within timelines and quality standards;
- Preparing reports as required from time to time, to support decisions that are informed in the delivery of service;
- Participating in public expenditure review to gamer expertise in expenditure management, and to support the process;
- Monitoring the performance of staff working under him/her and ensure the staff are trained and developed in order to enhance performance; and
- Supervising, mentoring and coaching the staff working under him/her for staff development and enhanced performance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to make their applications by completing ONE application form ODPP 1. The form may be downloaded from the ODPP’s Website www.odpp.go.ke or picked from Nairobi Headquarters and County Offices.
The candidates should attach COPIES of the following documents to their application form:
- National Identity Card
- Academic and Professional Certificates and Transcripts
- Any supporting documents and testimonials
- Letter of appointment to their current substantive post
- Letter of appointment to their previous post
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae and
- Clearance certificate from the following bodies:-
- Law Society of Kenya for Lawyers ii. Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Any other Professional bodies to which the candidate is a member
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, letters of appointment to their current substantive posts and previous post, detailed curriculum vitae and clearance certificates during the interviews.
Completed application forms should be sent to:
Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions
NSSF Building 19th Floor, Block ‘A’
P.O. Box 30701 – 00100
So as to reach the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions on or before Monday, 18th February, 2019.
Persons with disability and those from marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.