Business Development Manager Job, Current Sales & Marketing Vacancies in Kenya,
Job Ref: EHC/1595/2021
Job purpose Reporting to The Managing Director the overall responsibility of leading business development and marketing activities within the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands the company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence in the market through branding and representation during events and seminars
- Provide strategic leadership to the sales and marketing team in realizing overall organization and department goals.
- Lead and work with the Account Executive to support and run sales campaigns, achieve the set targets and fully meet client needs.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to prepare proposals for partnership opportunities and own the entire process.
- Manage the process of preparing proposals, bids, tender documents and creative informative presentations and deliver to potential clients during client meetings, industry exhibitions, trade shows, and conferences.
- Prepare weekly and monthly budgets and reports on sales activities undertaken and update senior management on the same.
- Develop, oversee and maintain a proposal schedule, and work with the Marketing Manager to resolve issues with delays or other roadblocks in the proposal process.
- Undertake market research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services – or new ways of reaching existing markets.
- Manage and disseminate business intelligence and positioning information obtained from networks and other work-related assignments.
- Customer Relationship Management- Manage and retain relationships with prospective, existing and new client clients.
EXPERIENCE AND ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or related field
- Demonstrated experience in B2B strategy development.
- At least 8 years of experience in business development with at least 4 years in a management position. Experience in tech and networks industry shall be an added advantage
- Membership to a relevant body shall be an added advantage
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCE
- Ability to manage and lead diverse teams.
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to assume responsibilities and take initiative.
- Good time management skills, especially when facing tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to negotiate.
- Professional poise and pleasing personality.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot original Sales and branding opportunities.
- Strong strategic, analytical, and organizational skills
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email their application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating their current/last and expected salary to the following email address: [email protected]
Applications should be received on or before the close of business on Tuesday 5th October 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.