Deputy Director-Ethics Development & Monitoring Job, Director Job Vacancies In Kenya 2021,
DEPUTY DIRECTOR – ETHICS DEVELOPMENT AND MONITORING, JOB GRADE – EACC “4” (1 POST), REF: EACC/EL/DDEDM/2
Reporting to the Director – Ethics and Leadership, the job holder is responsible for coordinating implementation of Chapter Six of the Constitution, Leadership and Integrity Act, 2012 and the Public Officer Ethics Act, 2003, through development, promotion and monitoring of standards and best practice in ethics and integrity in the public sector.
- Coordinating the formulation and implementation of strategies, programmes and activities in the promotion of integrity and ethical standards in the public service;
- Coordinating development, approval, signing and implementation of codes of conduct and ethics for state and public officers;
- Coordinating provision of technical support to public institutions on implementation of Chapter 6 of the Constitution, Leadership and Integrity Act, 2012, Public Officer Ethics Act and Regulations;
- Regulating operation of bank accounts held outside Kenya by state and public officers, including overseeing compliance with the requirements on submission of annual bank statements.
- Coordinating oversight over the implementation of Declaration of Income, Assets and Liabilities by responsible Commissions; public institutions and State/ public officers;
- Coordinating development and dissemination of standards, compliance guidelines, procedure and advisories to public entities, state and public officers on compliance with ethics and integrity laws & regulations;
- Ensuring compliance with the principles and values of good governance, human rights, transparency, accountability, ethics and integrity;
- Coordinating compliance with conflicts of interest disclosures and maintenance of conflict of interest and gift registers;
- Coordinating development and maintenance of repositories for approved codes of conduct and bank accounts held outside Kenya by state and public officers;
- Coordinating compliance monitoring on implementation of Chapter 6 of the Constitution, Leadership and Integrity Act, and related ethics frameworks by public entities, state and public
- Coordinating contributions to legal and policy reform proposals in the area of ethics & integrity;
- Coordinating development, implementation and monitoring of annual work plans;
- Coordinating implementation of the Commission’s Strategic Plan in the
- Coordinating performance appraisal systems and performance contracts in the
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the Director, from time to time
For appointment as the Deputy Director – Ethics Development and Monitoring, a person must possess the following qualifications:
- Be a citizen of Kenya;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Ethics, Public Administration, Sociology, Governance, or an equivalent qualification from a recognised institution;
- Master degree in Law, Ethics, Public Administration, Sociology, Governance, or an equivalent qualification from a recognised institution;
- Fourteen (14) years’ relevant work experience, three (3) of which must have been at the level of an Assistant Director or its equivalent in the coordination of good governance programs, advancement of the rule of law, and/or legal compliance, in the public sector;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E.) minimum mean grade of C+ or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Thorough knowledge of the emerging issues and jurisprudence in the implementation of Chapter Six of the Constitution and integrity
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience on key integrity and governance issues in Kenya’s Public Sector;
- Leadership, Governance or Management Training lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution
- Professional training in Integrity Management, Ethics Compliance, Corruption Studies or any other relevant field lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution
The following key attributes will be required for the position of Deputy Director – Ethics Development and Monitoring:
- Be of high moral character, integrity and impartiality;
- Proven high degree of professional competence, communication skills, fairness and good temperament;
- Possess excellent leadership skills;
- Be a visionary, transformative and results-oriented;
- Strategic thinker;
- Be self-driven, a team-player and mentor/ coach; and
- Ability to cultivate partnership and collaborations
How to Apply
In addition to the qualifications set above applicants must further obtain clearances from the following:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Registration and good standing in relevant Professional Bodies
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria should complete EACC Form 1 online from https://jobs.integrity.go.ke and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates (certified by the issuing institution), clearances and testimonials.
All applications must be made online and will be acknowledged via an email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
To be considered applications should be received not later than Thursday, 9th September, 2021 at 5.00 pm.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.