Corruption Prevention Deputy Director Job, Latest Director Jobs Kenya,
DEPUTY DIRECTOR – CORRUPTION PREVENTION, JOB GRADE – EACC “4” (1 POST), REF: EACC/PS/DD,CP/4
Reporting to the Director – Preventive Services, the job holder is responsible for the implementation, coordination and supervision in the provision of strategies, policies, procedures towards prevention of corruption and economic crimes as stipulated in the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission Act, 2011 and in the Bribery Act 2016.
- Developing and monitoring the implementation of the departmental strategy;
- Developing and monitoring compliance to department’s policies and procedures;
- Developing and monitoring effective utilisation of the departmental budget;
- Developing anti-corruption strategy and policy for the Commission;
- Providing overall technical guidance in the programmes and activities of the Department at all levels;
- Identifying programmes and negotiating for support by development partners and participating in negotiations with the partners;
- Undertaking negotiations with senior management of target organisations in corruption prevention programmes such as system reviews, performance contracting and advisories;
- Organising forums for discussion on critical corruption and governance issues of the day such as stakeholders’ conference on Corruption Prevention Guidelines related to particular functions and also the National integrity award scheme among others;
- Handling critical areas of interface and negotiating on corruption prevention programmes with other government Agencies such as the Council of Governors, Performance Contracting Department and the National Anti-Corruption Campaign Steering Committee;
- Providing quality assurance and standards of all the work outputs such as reports, guidelines and internal and external communication in line with the departmental strategy;
- Presenting corruption prevention reports to senior management of target institutions for implementation and further action as may be necessary;
- Representing the Commission in high profile meetings, seminars and conferences locally and outside the country to ensure compliance with the set protocols;
- Overseeing the management of departmental operational records as well as their security and accessibility;
- Monitoring individual staff performance in line with quality standards and timelines to ensure the achievement of the Department’s objectives;
- Reporting monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports of the Department to the management to facilitate decision making on the current
- For appointment as the Deputy Director – Corruption Prevention, a person must possess the following qualifications:
- Fourteen (14) years’ relevant work experience, three (3) of which should have been at the level of an Assistant Director or a comparable position in a reputable organisation;
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Auditing, Finance, Business Administration, Procurement, Communications, Economics, Political Science, Law, management or its equivalent from a recognised university;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Auditing, Finance, Business Administration, Procurement, Communications, Economics, Political Science, Law, management or its equivalent from a recognised university;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E.) minimum mean grade of C+ or its equivalent from a recognised institution;
- Member of relevant professional body in good standing;
- Certificate in Strategic Leadership and Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognised university
The following key attributes will be required for the position of Deputy Director – Corruption Prevention:
- Be of high moral character, integrity and impartiality;
- Proven high degree of professional competence, communication skills, fairness and good temperament;
- Possess excellent leadership skills;
- Be a visionary, transformative and results-oriented;
- Strategic thinker;
- Be self-driven, a team-player and mentor/ coach; and
- Ability to cultivate partnership and collaborations
How to Apply
In addition to the qualifications set above applicants must further obtain clearances from the following:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Registration and good standing in relevant Professional Bodies
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria should complete EACC Form 1 online from https://jobs.integrity.go.ke and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates (certified by the issuing institution), clearances and testimonials.
All applications must be made online and will be acknowledged via an email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
To be considered applications should be received not later than Thursday, 9th September, 2021 at 5.00 pm.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.