Procurement Assistant Job at Civil Aviation Safety and Security Oversight Agency
The Civil Aviation Safety and Security Oversight Agency (EAC-CASSOA) is a self accounting institution of the East African Community. The Agency is looking for a highly motivated, resultdriven and qualified professional from citizens of East Africa Community Partner States to fill then following position in the EAC-CASSOA.
Coordinate and manage all activities related to the procurement functions of the Agency.
Duties for the Procurement Assistant Job
- Assist in the development of long/short term purchasing strategies and policies for review by Management.
- Manage the procurement of all goods services and works of the Agency
- Raise Purchase Orders for suppliers in accordance with the Agency regulations
- Ensure the Agency receives products and services of high quality at a competitive price
- Prepare annual procurement plans for the Agency and ensure their implementation.
- Prepare monthly and annual procurement reports as provided for in the Agency’s financial and procurement policy.
- Liaise with user departments in the development and management of contracts
- Coordinate the process of prequalification of suppliers and service providers.
- Organize the Procurement Committee meetings in collaboration with the Chairperson of the Committee and serve as the Secretary of the Committee.
- Ensure the Agency gets the value for money in the goods delivered and services rendered by various Agency supplies.
- Prepare tender documents and coordinate the tendering process in accordance with Agency Procurement procedures.
- Inform all suppliers about the outcome of the tender process in accordance with procurement rules and procedures.
- Set up a robust filing systems for all procurement documents
- Review the Agency’s Procurement Manual periodically and recommend for revision where necessary
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Procurement Assistant Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in procurement, supply chain management or any other business related specialty.
- At least 5 years of experience in procurement
- Certification in Procurement is an added advantage
- Procurement experience in regional and international organization is added advantage
- Ability to multitask,
- Good interpersonal skills,
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure within timeframes
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently.
- High degree of integrity;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Report writing and presentation skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are advised to send their application letters, duly filled and signed EAC-CASSOA Personal History Form, photocopies of academic degrees, professional certificates/licenses and a copy of national identity card, birth certificate or passport showing the date of birth not later than 15th May 2017, quoting the job advert reference number of the position applied for.
The applications should be sent via email (all soft copies should be in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat) or in hard copies and addressed to:
THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
P O Box 873,
Email: [email protected]
The recruitment of the above job will be subject to the EAC Quota system. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
Applications which do not indicate nationality and age, the reference number, a signed application letter, duly filled and signed EAC-CASSOA personal history form, do not include copies of academic degrees, other professional certificates and three referees shall be disqualified. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.