Data Analyst Job, Latest Jobs In Kenya,
- Review and manage quantitative data, generate GIS maps, perform data cleaning, and conduct statistical analysis
- Conduct research and document reviews, perform data analysis, conduct key informant interviews, and compose reports
- Provide project management support, including monitoring the budget and assisting with financial reports, managing subcontractors, reviewing deliverables, and developing project work plans
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, track and monitor the status of projects, and copyedit reports or deliverables
- Contribute to technology and system analyses, such as assisting with contextual assessments and SWOT analysis
- Lead and facilitate presentations to share research findings, recommendations, and lessons learned to both internal and external audiences
- Assist with writing DDGT communication pieces, including web copy, corporate capability statements, and press releases, as needed
- Advance the growth of the DDGT practice by working internally and externally to increase awareness of DDGT expertise and knowledge
- Contribute to internal DDGT activities to support DT Global staff members and offices
- Take on specialized tasks based on professional interests and past experience
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, global health, or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years of professional experience, including 2-3 years of relevant data analysis experience including a strong background in data science and experience using GIS and an additional 3+ years of overall program management or operations experience
- Knowledge of data management/data governance processes and policies, including data cleaning, open data, data analytics, and data security
- Experience performing quantitative and qualitative data analysis, including using GIS, creating data visualizations, creating charts/graphs, and sentiment analysis
- Experience developing and executing work plans to deliver high quality products, compelling visualizations, and solid written materials for internal and external clients
- Proficiency in data science and GIS software tools, such as Power BI, Tableau, and ArcGIS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both written and verbally, in English
- Ability to take initiative and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines, while maintaining keen attention to detail
- Ability to travel and work internationally up to 25%, sometimes on short notice
- Master’s degree in international development, global health, or a related field
- Formal training or certification in data management or GIS
- Understanding of and commitment to decreasing technology inequalities and misuse due to gender, socioeconomic status, rural/urban divides, disability, race, literacy, etc.
- Previous project management experience, such as workplan development, financial tracking and reporting, deliverables management, and team communications
- Experience working with international development donors (USAID, World Bank, UN, etc.) and international NGOs
- Experience working remotely and interacting with clients and teams in different time zones and cultures
- Previous international work experience in Africa, the Middle East, and/or Asia
- Proficiency in another language, such as Swahili, Spanish, French, or Arabic
TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
How to Apply