Driver Jobs In Kenya 2020,
VA/11 DRIVER (5 Positions-Based in Nairobi, Nakuru, Kisumu and Mombasa)
- Transport authorized persons for official duties;
- Drive the assigned vehicle ensuring the safety of passengers, vehicle and other road users for the transport of authorized persons;
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle —check oil level, water, coolant, battery, tyre, etc;
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the vehicle including arraigning it for repair using the prevailing procedure;
- Log official trips as per government procedure and policies including mileage, consumption, route etc.;
- Ensure vehicle documents are current including display of insurance cover at all times observe traffic rules and regulations;
- Maintain confidentiality of passenger conversations /discussions;
- Report accidents or incidents immediately to the supervisor and ensure that steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident.
- Possess a KCSE certificate D plain or its KNEC accepted equivalent
- Possess a clean driving license free from any endorsement;
- Three years (3) proven driving experience
- Have adequate knowledge of the highway code;
- Have Government Trade test III;
- Have knowledge of driving rules and conversant with road security code.
- Have a valid certificate of good conduct from Kenya Police renewable every two years.
How to Apply
Shortlisted candidates for VA/1 must obtain clearance from the following:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
Applicants for positions VA/2, VA/9, VA10 and VA/11 must clearly indicate their preferred station of work or indicate willingness to work in any of the mentioned regional offices.
Further, all candidates are required to provide their valid membership with relevant professional bodies.
Applicants meeting desired qualifications should send their applications giving full details of their age, qualifications, experience, present and expected remuneration, full contact address including daytime telephone number, detailed C.V, copies of certificates and testimonials and contact details of three referees.
Applications should indicate position applied for including the reference number and addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Media Council of Kenya
P.O. Box 43132- 00100
Applications can be sent via the following link: www.mediacouncil.or.ke/careers. In which you are required to provide ALL relevant details by 29th September 2020.
Alternatively, candidates can send a mail attaching all documents to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details relating to the vacant position are located in our website www.mediacouncil.or.ke.
NB: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification