Livelihoods Assistant– Dressmaking and Tailoring Instructor Job, Current NGO Jobs 2021,
Position: Livelihoods Assistant– Dressmaking and Tailoring Instructor
Contract: 9 months contract with possibility of extension, subject to funding and performance. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council terms of employment for National staff.
Duty station: Kakuma (Local contract does not qualify for RnR and accommodation)
The instructor will deliver high quality vocational skills training to selected trainees for Dressmaking/Tailoring/Fashion and design course. The position holder will be responsible for fully preparing the trainees towards skilled job opportunities.
- Prepare Schemes of work/Work plans, Lesson plans and lesson notes, Record of work covered, Learners’ evaluation and progress records, Stock records for all training materials, tools and equipment in the workstation.
- Maintain daily class attendance register
- Train tailoring/dressmaking trainees with life skills and entrepreneurial skills.
- Deliver standardized curriculum for the specified Vocational Skill Courses for learners in the refugee camps and host community.
- Design and prepare materials, resources and information to be used in respect of programme delivery
- Employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies to communicate subject matter to students.
- Guidance and skills development to ensure that learning standards are maintained and improved.
- Maintain proper documentation process and records of the training progress, assessment and quality of the training.
- Modify, where appropriate, instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse students’ needs.
- Develop and explain methods that fairly measure students’ progress toward students’ learning outcomes.
- Evaluate students’ performance fairly and consistently and return students’ work promptly to promote maximum learning
- Coordinate the advertisement, interviews and selection of the students to be trained on Tailoring course.
- Management and maintenance of operating equipment and machines for Tailoring class.
- Conducting safety checks on training equipment.
- Document lessons learned from training activities, community meeting and assist in preparing training reports.
- Provide technical capacity to the dressmakers working at the established business center.
- Establish innovative ways of marketing the products produced by the supported individuals.
- Conduct other duties as assigned by the supervisor and/or management
- 2 years relevant experience in hands-on training on Tailoring/dressmaking/Fashion and design.
- Knowledge and Skills in training Community Based Vocational course.
- Strong self-starter, able to take initiatives
- Good planning and organizational skills coupled with problem solving capabilities.
- Hands on- community mobilization.
- A Diploma or Certificate in Tailoring/Dressmaking /Fashion and Design from a reputable training institution.
How to apply
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications, which should include a 1-page cover letter clearly stating their motivation, and qualifications and a CV. Applications should include contact details of three professional referees who have supervised the candidate in the last five years. One referee must be the applicant’s most recent manager. Only applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. Applications should be sent no later than: 28th March 2021.
DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, Female candidates and those from minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.