Director of Programs (DoPs) Job, Latest Director Jobs,
The Inclusive Climate Change Adaptation for a Sustainable Africa (ICCASA) is a nonprofit African based development organization committed to building resilience amongst communities through a gender-transformative approach. Together with Partners, ICCASA is works towards reducing gender inequalities through breakdown of deep-rooted gender stereotypes that impede progress towards greater parity. Headquartered in Nairobi Kenya, ICCASA has been working to advance inclusiveness and equity within the climate change space. Informed by extensive gender and climate change research and experience and deep local expertise, ICCASA work across Africa’s region addressing the following four overarching goals –
- Building the resilience and enhancing adaptive capacity of women to climate chang
- Building institutional capacity for equitable and inclusive governance of climate action
- Expanding economic opportunities of women, youth, indigenous groups in a changing climate; and
- Increasing adaptive capacity and environmental resilience of grassroot communities through capacity building, identifying gender responsible climate change adaptation options in agriculture, energy, water, forestry, infrastructure and manufacture
- ICCASA is seeking a bold and innovative leader to be the Director of Programs (DoPs)
- The DoPs is a senior member of ICCASA team tasked with developing new programs and managing a diverse, innovative and high quality inclusive and equitable climate change adaptation portfolio. He/she is responsible for overall program performance and quality, ensuring that teams are implementing high-impact programs, and are tracking progress toward gender responsive and socially inclusive objectives, indicators and milestones. Guided by the ICCASA Strategy, the DoPs will identify funding opportunities and develop proposals that strategically connect programs into a cohesive ICCASA portfolio. The DoPs will support program teams to effectively coordinate with operations, finance and human resources functions from inception to close out. This position will place a high value on finding innovative solutions and building creative partnerships to development. A gender transformative and socially inclusive resilience approach is at the core of ICCASA’s programming strategy
- The DoPs will promote and integrate these approaches into program development and delivery.
- The position is based at ICCASA headquarters offices in Nairobi Kenya and for the moment, due to Covid-19 restrictions, most of the work done virtually.
Director of Programs Responsibilities
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of ICCASA strategy
- Provide support to ICCASA executive Director on matters pertaining to strategy, planning, budgeting, programming and management.
- Develop work plans and mobilize resources to achieve ICCASA strategy objectives.
- Ensure that program implementation is gender responsive and socially inclusive to communities and partners and consistent with ICCASA’s principles, values, program guidelines and quality standards.
- Support the ICCASA executive Director to strengthen program strategies and quality, partnerships, and accountability in accordance with ICCASA and donor policies.
- Ensure program implementation is on time, on target and on budget, using effective ICCASA program quality tools to achieve the desired impact.
- Ensure effective and transparent use of financial resources and timely, accurate and informative reporting in line with donor and ICCASA policies and procedures.
- Develop partnership frameworks, partner agreements/Memorandum of Understandings, and oversee partner capacity building.
- Support all donor reporting and communications and track major grant milestones deliverables, cost share requirements, project burn rates and major procurements.
- Ensure effective gender responsive and socially inclusive Community Accountability Reporting Mechanism (GSCARM) is developed and implemented within target programs
- Identify and lead on fundraising opportunities, including developing partnerships and proposal writing.
- Work with ICCASA Program Managers on proper budget management, including forecasting and procurement planning.
Minimum Academic Qualifications and Years of Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with 10 years’ experience or Master’s degree with 6 years experiences in management of gender responsive and socially inclusive development programs and projects
- A minimum of 5 years experience in managing women and youth development programs as well as transitional programs in vulnerable and ecologically fragile environments
- Strong understanding of gender mainstreaming and social inclusion (essential)
- Experience managing programs in relevant technical area(s) including climate change, agriculture and food security, energy, water, gender and livelihoods.
- Strong M&E skills in developing and executing effective and timely gender sensitive and socially inclusive monitoring systems, at the program level
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and work both independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Highly computer literate with capability in Email, MS Office and PowerPoint
- Proven track record in diverse program and team management; successful proposal writing and program development.
This position will be offered on a two-year renewable basis. A 6-month probationary period will apply.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter together with their most recent Curriculum Vitae and contact details, to [email protected]
Email Subject should read “Director of Programs, ICCASA”
Deadline for Submission
February 12, 2021 @11.59pm EAT. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICCASA is an equal opportunities employer
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.