JOB GROUP “R” – THREE (3) YEARS RENEWABLE CONTRACT
Salary scale as per the SRC regulations
The County Director Accounting Services will report to the Chief Officer, Finance and Economic Planning.
An officer at this level will be based at the County Headquarters and will be responsible for the coordination of activities in the Accounting Services section
- Providing advisory services to the departmental heads and other stakeholders on all financial and accounting matters;
- Interpreting and implementing financial regulations and procedures, Treasury circulars, letters and instructions.
- Developing supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls.
- Maintaining appropriate and up to date accounting records.
- Preparing management financial reports which include monthly expenditure returns, monthly bank reconciliations, revenue/AIA returns, cash flow statements, analysis of deposits.
- Submitting monthly check list confirming compliance with the requirements for preparation and submission of management and statutory reports to the chief officer.
- Authorizing payments, signing cheques, and identifying suitable cheque signatories and setting limits as appropriate.
- Monitoring implementation of Accounting Standards and systems for compliance including Integrated financial Management Information System (IFMIS) operations;
- Following up on Audit matters including compilation of Treasury memorandum in respect of all departments.
- Following up on implementation of the internal audit and external auditors’ recommendations.
- Following up on implementation of the Senate and County Assembly Public Accounts and Investment Committee recommendations.
- Preparing of Bi-annual accounts;
- Consolidating cash flow projections and expenditure returns submitted by departments;
- Maintaining a check-list of returns and reports received from departments to ensure compliance with the Law and Treasury circulars.
- Oversee and direct the activities of the treasury cash office, document examination section, financial and non-financial reporting unit, IFMIS payment unit, asset management and treasury registry units.
- Makes confident, fact-based, decisions and acts on decisions with a sense of calculated risktaking.
- Approaches problems from different perspectives in order to suggest and implement solutions
- Forecasts issues in advance in order to prevent potential impacts; both internally and externally
- Creates and manages budgets effectively
- Facilitates communication between team members to ensure efforts are aligned
- Takes accountability for delivering on commitments; owns mistakes and uses them as opportunities for learning and development.
- Ability to work with IFMIS
- Served for cumulative ten (10) years three (3) of which have been at the grade of Deputy Director Accounting, Job Group ‘Q’ and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or finance option)
- A holder of a Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Management/Administration, Finance, Economics or Commerce from a recognized institution.
- Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) in good standing.
- A certificate in Strategic Leadership and Development Programme Course from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated professional competence in the field of Accounting Services; and shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Must satisfy the provisions of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should download the respective job application forms from the county’s official website using this link vihiga.go.ke/career.html
Fill and submit one hard copy for the best vacancy of interest in a sealed envelope to the office of the Secretary/CEO of the County Public Service Board. Remember to indicate the position applied on top of the envelope and drop it in the Governor’s Building,Ground Floor Room 03.
Deadline for the applications is 31st January,2019 by 5.00pm.
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
P.O. BOX 880-50300,
County Government of Vihiga is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing, giving or accepting bribes will lead to automatic disqualification and prosecution. Only shortlisted
Candidates will be notified.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.